• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

loan signings

leeblue

Members⭐
It seems following comments from within the club hat we will be getting 2/3 loans in next week, my question is what positions would people like to see strengthened, I pesonally would love to see a left back and a really pacy winger come in, right wing as I think moooooooooooooooooooooos is becoming the new mark gower, if I was being really greedy a theo kind of forward too

I'd like Dervitte back, so Barrett can go back to left-back.
I'd like Freddy Eastwood back for a while also though i can't see him and Barney passing to each other much;)
Oh and one other "utility" player that can slot in and cover the injured when needs be. A Lewis Hunt. Or Lewis Hunt himself!

I look forward to seeing all three grinning on the OS this week and our attack on the league title begin in earnest.

Ahhhh just imagine if we did get Eastwood on loan - what a master stroke of PR that would be by Ron and would instantly give everyone such a boost that I suspect Geoff King could break into your house and **** on your kids and you wouldnt batter an eyelid!

It would be a shame to see Herd replaced now, so I'd like to see another CB brought in, rather than a LB and if Herd needs a rest, then Barrett can go out there.

Midfield I'm more than happy with as we are well covered and anyone else coming in would keep Sawyer further out of the side - Sawyer playing regularly would be worth not getting anyone in in midfield.

I expect one striker and one defender, possibly even Dervite himself.

M'Voto, he's a Frenchman isn't he? Nicely lined up Tilly, bring on Dorian!
In football, anything can happen. Freddy? Who knows! I can imaging the Echo absolutely creaming themselves and cuddling up to Ron though.

M'Voto, he's a Frenchman isn't he? Nicely lined up Tilly, bring on Dorian!
In football, anything can happen. Freddy? Who knows! I can imaging the Echo absolutely creaming themselves and cuddling up to Ron though.

Freddy and Dorian coming in I'd be pretty excited too!

Checked out Coventry's site and whilst you never say never in football, it seems he is determined to get a regular place in their first XI and said he wants to be fit and ready for when Coleman makes changes.

Still, live in hope eh?

There was a piece on the radio before the game which was replayed afterwards and Ron Martin said that they are likely to be looking for a LB, CB and ST to replace Revell.

Checked out Coventry's site and whilst you never say never in football, it seems he is determined to get a regular place in their first XI and said he wants to be fit and ready for when Coleman makes changes.

Still, live in hope eh?

Mate is a Cov fan and they think he's ****. I can see him being loaned out, though to us I dunno.

if I was being really greedy a theo kind of forward too

I see that Chris Dickson may be leaving Charlton on loan, now for me that would be a truly excellent piece of business! It's been mooted that Tilly wants a Theo-type striker in......

Other than the fact that Eastwood is **** do you really think we could afford even half of his current wage ?

We'll be getting

a) a left back. Herd is good but he's not ready for 40 games and will get torn apart by Leeds.

b) A centre-back to play alongide the beast. Barrett just about an adequate sub if needed

c) a striker. Though I'd much prefer a winger.

Other than the fact that Eastwood is **** do you really think we could afford even half of his current wage ?

c) a striker. Though I'd much prefer a winger.

Not a striker who can play on the wing then? :whistling:

And Freddy might be prepared to negotiate, you never know, if he just wants to play - and I think he probably does - he could be tempted. He admitted before he nearly came back didn't he? Did no-one spot him in the stands last night? Keep your eyes open next week!

Not a striker who can play on the wing then? :whistling:

And Freddy might be prepared to negotiate, you never know, if he just wants to play - and I think he probably does - he could be tempted. He admitted before he nearly came back didn't he? Did no-one spot him in the stands last night? Keep your eyes open next week!

I thought that TIlly said on Thursday that he'd spoken to Freddy and shook his head as if to say it wasnt gonna happen ??

The report did not actually say we would be getting 2/3 in. It said we would be looking to, but only if they were right for the squad and the team. I don't wish to be negative, but I don't want the forum to explode saying we have been lied to if nobody comes in.

I kind of hope we don't get a centre back, as I want to see Johnny Herd a chance, he is good enough.

We would all love Dervite, but I can't see him coming to us with all the big teams he has been mentioned with

I think Herd is good enough and dont want him to be another Kightly. However if someone like Daniel Jones was available I would take him as he is an excellent set piece taker and I feel this is an area we need to improve on.
Centre back wouldnt go amiss but Mvoto and Barrett looked pretty good last night, and Franno can play there.
A striker is a must though as Walker and Freedman arent good enough in my opinion and we could do with a bit of pace up top.

We need a left back and a centre-back, although after a shaky twenty minutes I though M'Voto played well last night and Barrett was top notch (as always ;) ).

I still don't agree with the need for a striker. We have four and that's more than enough. One of Laurent or Walker needs to be told that they are going to be starting eight or nine games in a row. Otherwise they are never going to settle. Dougie is a cracking sub to throw on for 20 minutes at the end of a game too. Unless one of our four main forwards gets injured I don't see why we'd waste valuable cash on another one. If we can bring in a third loanee it should be a winger, IMO.

Obviously if we sign Eastwood I'll change my mind.

I'd say we'll be after a: LB, CF & CB ... in that order. LB sounds like its going to be a very good player and should follow well in the foot-steps of Mulgrew, Harding and Hammell!! (and Jonnie Herd!)

Kev

rumour has it Dervitte was at Training on Thursday and Friday, him along with a pacey striker would be great, wouldnt be surprised to see Walker go out on a months loan to get some footy, maybe at Yeovil.

Back