• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
When does it open and what are the rules please chaps?

Who would you like to see come in?

Where do we need strengthening?

According to Travelling Blue, it seems we had a Reserve game yesterday afternoon v Daggers and had a couple of triallists playing (Anyone know who?) We won 3-0 with Paterson getting two. Prosser, Hall, Soares, Zaboub, Coughlan etc all played.

It's usually a week after the window shuts. Loans are a maximum of 93 days.

You mean our reserves actually won a game?

I don't think we need anyone to fill positions, more to improve on what we already have. A pacey forward would be my only addition.

Says on the rumours site that Kerrea Gilbert will join us on a free transfer shortly as he is unattached...

Says on the rumours site that Kerrea Gilbert will join us on a free transfer shortly as he is unattached...

The same rumours site that used my thread, titled 'Complete untrue rumour' about Tilly returning and Sturrock not signing a contract, under the guise of 'My sourses at Southend tell me..''

Our priority must be to ship players out.

We have a centre-half and a centre-forward too many.

I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe Prosser/Phillips, Bouzid, Merrick James-Lewis and maybe Spencer go out on loan.

I would love us to go to one of the prem clubs and offer to take a decent young stiker for the season. I am sure someone with half a footballing brain could score for fun at this level.

Of course we can still sign players who are out of contract. The list is huge and quite depressing actually. So many talented players left on the scrap heap.

Here's a few realistic targets for us I feel (Maybe not everyone's cup of tea though) In my opinion we need another Centre Half, a creative Centre Mid and a Striker who can get 15-20 goals this season.

Tristan Plummer - Centre Mid
Sam Hewson - Centre Mid
Sean Thornton - Centre Mid (Yes I know, ******!)

Liam Rosenior - Centre Back/Right Back
Hasney Aljofree - Centre Back/Left Back

Febian Brandy - Striker
Danny Fernandez - Striker
Franny Jeffers - Striker
Leon Knight - Striker

There was a great article on the Beeb this week documenting the plight of players still unattached... Although the majority are unattached for a reason (usually attitude, Lee Hendrie), I was surprised to see Simon Whaley is still without a club. I remember him at Bury being a cracking little player with a bright future, which has subsequently been blighted by injuries.

If we didn't have a relative abundance on the wings, he'd be precisely the kind of player I'd like us to target.

Of course we can still sign players who are out of contract. The list is huge and quite depressing actually. So many talented players left on the scrap heap.

Here's a few realistic targets for us I feel (Maybe not everyone's cup of tea though) In my opinion we need another Centre Half, a creative Centre Mid and a Striker who can get 15-20 goals this season.

Tristan Plummer - Centre Mid
Sam Hewson - Centre Mid
Sean Thornton - Centre Mid (Yes I know, ******!)

Liam Rosenior - Centre Back/Right Back
Hasney Aljofree - Centre Back/Left Back

Febian Brandy - Striker
Danny Fernandez - Striker
Franny Jeffers - Striker
Leon Knight - Striker

I know old habits die hard, but why do we need a 6th centre-back again?

Back