• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loanee Watch 2019/20

Conference
No Harry Seaden on the bench: I’m guessing his loan is up and not being extended

Level 6
Tom Clifford started for Concord in their at FA Trophy tie at home to Bath City. It would be his last appearance as he’s returned to Southend today after starting every league match since he joined in October and has been in their words been “outstanding”. Don’t expect us to sign a left-back now.

Level 8
Midweek Terrell Egbri and Miles Mitchell-Nelson extended their loans until the end of the season. Both played 90 minutes but Harlow lost again, this time 3-0 against Chertsey (the Curfews)

Conference
No Harry Seaden on the bench: I’m guessing his loan is up and not being extended

Level 6
Tom Clifford started for Concord in their at FA Trophy tie at home to Bath City. It would be his last appearance as he’s returned to Southend today after starting every league match since he joined in October and has been in their words been “outstanding”. Don’t expect us to sign a left-back now.

Level 8
Midweek Terrell Egbri and Miles Mitchell-Nelson extended their loans until the end of the season. Both played 90 minutes but Harlow lost again, this time 3-0 against Chertsey (the Curfews)
Apparently Seaden is injured so Daggers sent him back

Conference

Level 6

Level 8

A "proper albeit young naturally left footed left back"... a round peg in a round hole!

It'll never catch on....many years of following SUFC is proof of said pudding.

Interesting on Tom Clifford. Either CP’s reported view that he was unlikely to return was just a view and was wrong or there has been a change of heart. Could either mean the lack of money issue or a reassessment based on the reviews of his performance/literally having no left back at the club.

Interesting on Tom Clifford. Either CP’s reported view that he was unlikely to return was just a view and was wrong or there has been a change of heart. Could either mean the lack of money issue or a reassessment based on the reviews of his performance/literally having no left back at the club.
Echo report said Concord no longer need Clifford now that their usual LB is fit again.

With a spate of Shrimpers returning from loans/disappearing without trace I thought we didn't have any out on loan other than Emile Acquah who went to Maidenhead but didn't play but that's not quite the case. Here's the current situation as best I can figure it out.

Conference (level 5)
Emile Acquah joined Maidenhead for a month's loan on 28th January but then wasn't in Alan Devonshire's squad for Saturday. He played for the u23s midweek so is presumably fit.

Michael Klass was recalled from his loan spell at Bromley 23rd January. In all he started 5 matches for Bromley and made 13 sub appearances. He played 491 minutes in total for them.

Harry Seaden's work experience loan spell at Dagenham finished early last month. He played in just the 2 FA Trophy games for them and did some bench warming for their National League games. He appears to be currently injured.

Conference South (level 6)
Tom Clifford was recalled from his successful loan spell at Concord 12th January and started for the firsts on Saturday.

Rob Howard, who had a loan spell at Dartford earlier this year appears to be back in the Conference South this time with Braintree - although I can't find anything announcing this move. He played in their 4-1 win at Oxford City on 18th Jan and then their subsequent defeat and draw at home to Slough (0-1) and Weymouth (1-1) respectively.

The other loanee that went to the Conference South was Harry Phillips back in November. Not sure he actually ever played a Conference South game for them, which seems surprising considering how well he played Saturday. Shame he's now injured.

Level 7
O'Shane Stewart's loan to Margate appears to have ended early December.

Level 8
Freddy Eastwood Jr's paperwork from mid December still doesn't seem to have been sorted:Unsure:. Anyone know what's going on there?

Jon Benton fractured his foot back in November whilst on loan at Great Wakering. He's due back playing soon, not sure if that would be with us or Wakering again.

Zak Pianim appears to still be/back at Brentwood. He came on 21st and 25th January for ex-Shrimper youths (Anthony Furlonge and Tom Anderson) around the hour mark. I'd presume he's making his way back from injury as he hadn't appeared for them since mid-November. Ide Osimeh's loan doesn't appear to have been extended.

Harlow extended the loans of Miles Mitchell-Nelson and Terrell Egbri to the end of the season as I reported in my post of 12th January however since then they played in Harlow's 4-2 defeat at Chipstead on 18th January and that's it for Harlow - both were at Roots Hall (with Miles Mitchell-Nelson making his debut) Saturday instead of at Harlow who won 2-0 at Hertford. They played midweek for the u23s instead of for Harlow at home to Ware. Think we may have screwed Harlow there again - they were flying up until October when we recalled Matt Rush and since then have been really struggling. Now we've told them they can have two players until the end of the season but have been claiming first dibs on them. Oops.

Sam Knock, who joined Hullbridge on 19th October, seemed to have finished his impressive loan spell 2nd November. He played 3 Isthmian North matches for them and a Velocity Trophy. I'm guessing he's injured as he hasn't featured for the u23s since then either.

My post seems to have spurred someone into sorting out Freddy Eastwood’s paperwork! He’s now back on a work experience loan at Canvey and has taken Sam Brogan with him for company. Anyone not travelling to Blackpool but wanting to see a game might want to pop over to Park Lane to see Mark Bentley’s boys take on Heybridge.

My post seems to have spurred someone into sorting out Freddy Eastwood’s paperwork! He’s now back on a work experience loan at Canvey and has taken Sam Brogan with him for company. Anyone not travelling to Blackpool but wanting to see a game might want to pop over to Park Lane to see Mark Bentley’s boys take on Heybridge.
Or better,watching higher standard clash nearby,as Concord strive to extend their record-breaking Cup progress v Leamington.

O'Shane Stewart's loan to Margate appears to have ended early December.

Sam Knock, who joined Hullbridge on 19th October, seemed to have finished his impressive loan spell 2nd November. He played 3 Isthmian North matches for them and a Velocity Trophy. I'm guessing he's injured as he hasn't featured for the u23s since then either.
O'Shane Stewart has just joined Merstham, I believe they're the same level as Margate. If he's the same lad I saw over at Billericay then I was quite impressed. Neat and tidy on the ball from what I remember.

Sam Knock unfortunately suffered quite a bad injury at Hullbridge so has since returned.

Conference (level 5)
Still no debut for Maidenhead for Emile Acquah. Their game at home to Ebbsfleet was postponed.

Level 6 Conference South
Rob Howard's Braintree were at Maidstone. Maidstone won 1-0 but I don't have line-up details.

Level 7 Isthmian Premier
O'Shane Stewart was on the bench for Merstham (alongside Barry Hayles!) for their match at Bowers & Pitsea. He came on for his debut in the 65th minute with Mertsham 1-0 down and down to 10 men. They made it 1-1 within 4 minutes of him coming on and that finished the final score.

Former Shrimper Ellis Brown started for Merstham.

Level 8
Isthmian North
In the tie of the week, and after a 2 month delay to sort his paperwork, Freddy Eastwood started for Mark Bentley's 7th placed Canvey against 2nd placed Heybridge Swifts. He played 74 minutes and departed with the Gulls 4-2 down. Sam Brogan was on the bench but wasn't used as they came back to draw 4-4 at the death.

Also on the bench was Zak Pianim, who was unused in Brentwood's 2-1 defeat at Soham Town Rangers.

Isthmian South Central
No Miles Mitchell-Nelson or Terrell Egbri for Harlow as they were with the first team once more.

Sam Brogan made his Canvey debut alongside Freddy Eastwood Jr in the Essex Thameside Trophy. He was subbed at ht. Freddy Eastwood had several shots but the Gulls lost 1-0 to a late goal.

In the Isthmian North, Zak Pianim made his first start since injury for Brentwood at Hullbridge playing 75 minutes in a 3-2 defeat to an even later goal than Canvey.

Whoever went to Merstham didn’t play.

Conference

Maidenhead’s fixture was off today but Emile Acquah was on the Southend bench. He hasn’t actually appeared for Maidenhead yet. Did this loan actually go ahead?

Conference South (level 6)

No Rob Howard again for Braintree. Is he injured? Given the death of fit defenders at Roots Hall I suspect he is.

Isthmian Prem

O’Shane Stewart came on for Merstham in the 54th minute it’s the Surrey side 1-0 down at Hornchurch. As like last week they equalised within 10 minutes of him coming on. There was more drama though as Hornchurch regained the lead in injury time only for Merstham to equalise once more through an OG.

Isthmian level 8

No game for Harlow because of a waterlogged pitch but Miles Mitchell-Nelson and Terrell Egbri we’re making their full home debuts at Roots Hall anyway.

Canvey’s game was off. Sam Brogan captained the u18s.

Zak Pianim was an unused sub for Brentwood.

Henry Burnett is currently on loan at Tonbridge Angels in National League South. He’s on the substitutes’ bench for this evening’s fixture away to Chelmsford City.

He’s made two competitive appearances so far for Tonbridge, starting the 3-1 Kent Senior Cup defeat at Folkestone Invicta and the 1-1 draw against Hungerford Town in the league. He was an unused sub against Billericay Town.

Some Monday night non-League action

Zak Pianim played the last minute of Brentwood’s 4-3 win over Tilbury and was on long enough to see Tilbury get their third.

Henry Burnett was an unused sub in Tonbridge’s 3-1 defeat at Chelmsford in the National League South.

How old is Freddy Jnr? Am sure he is older than Kenny Coker so find it interesting he's not been involved with the first team squad with the current situation.

How old is Freddy Jnr? Am sure he is older than Kenny Coker so find it interesting he's not been involved with the first team squad with the current situation.

Some players develop later, I would suggest he’s not quite ready and the loan to Canvey is helping his development. His dad didn’t really start to kick on until he was 20/21. Kelman and Rush were always being spoke of more highly than Freddy Jnr. Coker is a lot younger and must be ahead of him development wise. He certainly doesn’t look 16!

I think he's 17 or 18 but he doesn't play the same position as his dad and is more of an attacking midfielder.

Back