• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loanee Watch 2021-22

Lewis Gard played 90 minutes as Tilly’s Swifts won 2-1 away at Hashtag Utd. It is the Swifts second win in a row with Lewis in the side. Before he joined they had only won of their 7 matches.
Fully expecting Lewis Gard to be back here soon as I believe Kev is a fan.

East Thurrock dropped (rested?) Jon Benton tonight in their 2-1 defeat to Bishops’ Stortford. He was an unused sub. No Unwin, Chandler or Wallace for Stortford in the squad. I wonder if we’ll see a number of the loanees return to Roots Hall to see if they can get in the new manager’s plans. It’s also worth pointing out that several or these deals were for an initial month anyway.
I was there at Rookery Hill last night , Jimmy Wallace did play ( #19) & i thought looked strong + commanding . Jon Benton was rested as he's played a fair bit lately , but the 90 minutes stretching he did throughout the match should stand him in good stead for Saturday! Was a shame Chandler didnt play as he's always impressed me bombing down the right flank. I did see a guy in a SUFC shirt there last night , with, shall we say , rather broad shoulders .... was that you Yorkshire ?

I was there at Rookery Hill last night , Jimmy Wallace did play ( #19) & i thought looked strong + commanding . Jon Benton was rested as he's played a fair bit lately , but the 90 minutes stretching he did throughout the match should stand him in good stead for Saturday! Was a shame Chandler didnt play as he's always impressed me bombing down the right flank. I did see a guy in a SUFC shirt there last night , with, shall we say , rather broad shoulders .... was that you Yorkshire ?
Ha, I’d like to think if I’d have been there that I would have spotted Jimmy Wallace (although he is so thin he is easy to miss) but I was elsewhere. Glad to hear Jimmy did well. He’s a prospect who intrigues me.

In the Conference South O’Shane Stewart was on the bench for Spud’s Welling in a 1-1 draw against Hemel Hempstead.

In the Isthmian Prem Jimmy Wallace started for Bishop’s Stortford at Horsham. He was booked for some “argy-bargy” in the 68th minute. They conceded a 95th minute equaliser in a 1-1 draw

No team sheets for Harlow again but they drew 0-0.
Elsewhere bad starts seems the theme of the day and not just for King Kev.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson and Eren Kinali both played for Brightlingsea. They fell behind in the 4th minute and were 2-0 down before Kinali scored his second consolation in two games in the 71st minute. It finished 2-1.

No Jon Benton for East Thurrock. They could have done with him as they were 3-0 down within 15 minutes - former Shrimper starlet Lyle Della Verde with the 2nd for Enfield. He’d completed his hat trick within 33 minutes and East Thurrock went in 7-0 down at half-time. They had a better second half even saving a penalty and only conceding the 1 goal. 8-0 is their heaviest home defeat.

Lewis Gard got the start for Tilly’s Swifts at home to Grays. It wasn’t a good start for the Swifts who went 1-0 down to a 2nd minute penalty. They ended up losing 3-1.

In the Conference South O’Shane Stewart was on the bench for Spud’s Welling in a 1-1 draw against Hemel Hempstead.

In the Isthmian Prem Jimmy Wallace started for Bishop’s Stortford at Horsham. He was booked for some “argy-bargy” in the 68th minute. They conceded a 95th minute equaliser in a 1-1 draw

No team sheets for Harlow again but they drew 0-0.
Elsewhere bad starts seems the theme of the day and not just for King Kev.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson and Eren Kinali both played for Brightlingsea. They fell behind in the 4th minute and were 2-0 down before Kinali scored his second consolation in two games in the 71st minute. It finished 2-1.

No Jon Benton for East Thurrock. They could have done with him as they were 3-0 down within 15 minutes - former Shrimper starlet Lyle Della Verde with the 2nd for Enfield. He’d completed his hat trick within 33 minutes and East Thurrock went in 7-0 down at half-time. They had a better second half even saving a penalty and only conceding the 1 goal. 8-0 is their heaviest home defeat.

Lewis Gard got the start for Tilly’s Swifts at home to Grays. It wasn’t a good start for the Swifts who went 1-0 down to a 2nd minute penalty. They ended up losing 3-1.
I hope the new management team are going to take a fresh look at Eren Kinali. He really has not been given a fair crack of the whip at the first team level for several years and has demonstrated the ability to be a goal scoring midfielder in under 23s and now on loan.

Do the loanees still train with the club if they are at part-time clubs?

I saw Gard on some on the training photos, will Stewart, Kinali, and Mitchell-Nelson also be there?

Do the loanees still train with the club if they are at part-time clubs?

I saw Gard on some on the training photos, will Stewart, Kinali, and Mitchell-Nelson also be there?
I believe so.
Stewart, Kinali and Mitchell-Nelson are more likely to be training with the u23s rather than the first team squad though.

I believe so.
Stewart, Kinali and Mitchell-Nelson are more likely to be training with the u23s rather than the first team squad though.
I hope hat changes espcially with Kinali and Stewart ,we are in need of midfielders and ones like Kinali who is a goalscorer need to be training with the first team . Hope he is given a chance very soon.

No Jon Benton again for East Thurrock - presume he’s injured?

O’Shane Stewart got the start for Welling in the Conference South. Welling were going well and led by 2 goals at the break but 3 goals in 7 second half minutes saw Hampton take the lead. O’Shane Stewart was then subbed off after 73 minutes, their 3rd sub of the night. There were no further goals leaving Welling in 16th and their visitors into the play-off spots in 7th.

Bishop’s Stortford also in action at Corinthian Casuals. Jimmy Wallace started and had a goal bound header cleared in a 2-0 win. No Reiss Chandler nor Bobby Unwin again. I assume they’re either injured or have returned to Roots Hall. Bishop’s Stortford are now 5th in the Isthmian Prem.

O’Shane Stewart was back on the bench for Welling but unused as they beat Billericay 1-0.

No Lewis Gard for Heybridge who were in FA Trophy action.

Jimmy Wallace got the start for Bishop’s Stortford in the FA Trophy at home to Lewes. Reiss Chandler was on the bench and came in after 64 minutes. Bishops Stortford took an early lead and then saw their opponents reduced to 10 men on the half hour when former Shrimper Michael Klass was sent off for kicking out. Stortford scored from the few-kick to double their lead. Shortly after half-time Wallace conceded a penalty only for it to be blasted high and wide. It finished 2-0.

Brightlingsea were waterlogged off.

No Jon Benton for East Thurrock who lost 6-0 this time out.

O’Shane Stewart was back on the bench for Welling but unused as they beat Billericay 1-0.

No Lewis Gard for Heybridge who were in FA Trophy action.

Jimmy Wallace got the start for Bishop’s Stortford in the FA Trophy at home to Lewes. Reiss Chandler was on the bench and came in after 64 minutes. Bishops Stortford took an early lead and then saw their opponents reduced to 10 men on the half hour when former Shrimper Michael Klass was sent off for kicking out. Stortford scored from the few-kick to double their lead. Shortly after half-time Wallace conceded a penalty only for it to be blasted high and wide. It finished 2-0.

Brightlingsea were waterlogged off.

No Jon Benton for East Thurrock who lost 6-0 this time out.
No Lewis Gard in the Trophy suggests that he will be playing in our Trophy match.

Hopefully so.

O’Shane Stewart got the start for Spud’s Welling against Bath City but was subbed off after 66 minutes, 3 minutes fatter they fell 1-0 down. Bath grabbed a second before Welling scored a last minute consolation.

Lewis Gard returned to action for Tilly’s Heybridge in their derby(?) v Great Wakering. He scored their second “breezing past 3 players before finding the bottom corner” in a 3-2 victor

Reiss Chandler played for Bishop’s Stortford at home to Lewes but Jimmy Wallace dropped to the bench. The match finished 1-1 with a late Lewes equaliser denying Stortford again.

No Kinali or Mitchell-Nelson for Brightlingsea. Someone said they’d returned. No Benton either for East Thurrock, I think he’s injured.

Level 8
In the Isthmian North Jon Benton made his debut for high flying Aveley at mid-table Coggeshall in Danny Scopes’ first game in charge. Aveley fell 1-0 down but equalised from a great Benton cross. They took the lead when another cross of his was flicked on and went in at the break 2-1 up. Three second half goals including two in the last 10 saw them fall to a 4-2 defeat.

Struggling Heybridge Swifts were at home to promotion chasing AFC Sudbury. Tommy Davis made his debut and Lewis Gard also started. It wasn’t a great day for them as they went into half-time 4-0 down. Sudbury added a 5th second half in a worrying home defeat for Tilly’s men.

Harlow were in action in the Southern League v Thame United but teamsheets are elusive for them. I’m not even sure if Anyadike and Shala are still there.

Level 7
Bishop’s Stortford hosted Chipstead in FA Trophy 1st round. Reiss Chandler and Jimmy Wallace started. Bishop’s Stortford took a 2-0 lead on the stroke of half time and the Blues loanees were keeping a clean sheet until an injury time consolation goal. Jimmy Wallace apparently had an effort cleared off the line second half.

Level 6
O’Shane Stewart’s Welling were in action at home to Tonbridge Angels. Stewart was on the bench and came on as a 81st minute sub to help see out a 1-0 win for Spud’s men.

Went to watch Lewis Gard and Tommy Davis this evening in Isthmian League North Division action for Heybridge Swifts away to Romford. Swifts quickly erased the memories of Saturday’s 5-0 home defeat against AFC Sudbury with a comprehensive 7-0 triumph at Mayesbrook Park.

Gard contributed the fifth goal, collecting the ball around 30 yards out and making a diagonal run to the edge of the penalty area before angling his finish into the bottom left-hand corner of the net. The goalkeeper got a hand to the ball, but he couldn’t keep it out.

He started the game in an advanced position. Heybridge lined up in a 4-3-3, but for the first 20 minutes Gard was pushed up alongside the wide men and just behind forward Andy Fennell (who grabbed a hat-trick by the 50th minute) in more of a 4-2-3-1. Swifts were, err, swiftly 2-0 up and Gard then moved back. They directed their play more through the wide players, but he was tidy in possession and retained the ball well. Romford resorted to bringing him down whenever he advanced into a more dangerous position.

Davis at the back performed very well. He won everything he competed for in the air, and the second goal came from a commanding header on the halfway line. He made good decisions on the ball as to whether to pass into a midfielder’s feet or hit a longer ball for the forwards to chase.

He also made a couple of good interventions when the scoreline was close and Romford were in the game, and didn’t try to over-play and invite pressure on. That said, he wasn’t up against a tall or physical centre-forward, so he wasn’t massively tested this evening, but he did what he needed to do. I suspect last Saturday was a steep learning curve for him, and he showed he is learning quickly.

Davis is the one who looks like a rake in the U23s right, very tall but with virtually no meat on his bones yet?

Davis is the one who looks like a rake in the U23s right, very tall but with virtually no meat on his bones yet?

Think he is the 2nd on the left. Tall indeed and only turns 19 this month.

FEGeSL-XIAMZZPl

Back