• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loanee Watch 2021-22

Third-year scholar Jamie Grossart has joined Harlow Town of the Southern League Central Division on a work experience loan: https://buff.ly/3IBA34r

The goalkeeper goes straight into their squad for tomorrow’s match against Aylesbury United.
Do you know if Oli Coker is injured?

I’m surprised he’s not out on loan. He seems one of the more promising prospects of that intake so I’m a little surprised nobody has snapped him up. Cameron Brown is another I’d have expected to get some loan action.

Do you know if Oli Coker is injured?

I’m surprised he’s not out on loan. He seems one of the more promising prospects of that intake so I’m a little surprised nobody has snapped him up. Cameron Brown is another I’d have expected to get some loan action.
Cameron Brown still recovering from his bowel trouble in the U23 cup. What do you reckon makes Oli Coker a prospect we think might make it? Only watched him a couple times but he didn't look to me to have the quality to get there.

Level 6
Welling lost 3-1 to our FA Trophy opponents Dorking but I don’t think O’Shane Stewart was involved.

Level 7
No Wallace nor Chandler for Bishop’s Stortford

No Hendon for Kinali: they have a Covid scare and called off today’ game.

Level 8
Jon Benton scored Aveley’s second in their 2-1 win at home to AFC Sudbury.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson started for Canvey v Stowtown. Without Benno in charge they lost 1-0.

Tommy Davis played in Heybridge’s 3-1 win against Dereham Town.

Jamie Grossart conceded twice in Harlow’s 2-1 defeat to Aylesbury.

Last edited:
Level 6
Welling lost 3-1 to our FA Trophy opponents Dorking but I don’t think O’Shane Stewart was involved.

Level 7
No Wallace nor Chandler for Bishop’s Stortford

No Hendon for Kinali: they have a Covid scare and called off today’ game.

Level 8
Jon Benton scored Aveley’s second in their 2-1 win at home to AFC Sudbury.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson started for Canvey v Stowtown. Without Benno in charge they lost 1-0.

Tommy Davis played in Heybridge’s 3-1 win against Dereham Town.
Jon Benton scoring for fun ! Spoke to an Aveley fan today, sounds like Jon could be our answer. Are you watching King Kev ?

Cameron Brown still recovering from his bowel trouble in the U23 cup. What do you reckon makes Oli Coker a prospect we think might make it? Only watched him a couple times but he didn't look to me to have the quality to get there.
I’ve watched Oli Coker a lot . He’s recovering from an injury, when he’s fully fit he must be given a 1st team chance . He’s 2 footed ,quick scores goals and runs forever. .

Bit surprised there’s no interest in using him in the firsts. Maybe this is the prelude to announcing Brunt’s loan has been extended to the end of the year.

Aren't Aveley 2 or 3 levels below National League? Big step up from there to 1st team.

Maybe there's a recall clause in the loan agreement?

I saw one of his few earlier games for East Thuroock. He looked okay, but didn't stand out.

I'm very pleased that he is doing so well at Aveley, I plan to go and have a look as soon as I can. Danny Scopes is a very good coach/manager and I think leaving him there to gain experience and confidence for the rest of the season is a good move,

I saw one of his few earlier games for East Thuroock. He looked okay, but didn't stand out.

I'm very pleased that he is doing so well at Aveley, I plan to go and have a look as soon as I can. Danny Scopes is a very good coach/manager and I think leaving him there to gain experience and confidence for the rest of the season is a good move,
He was one of the only two to stand out v Coggeshall (men !) at Roots Hall on Wednesday—O’Shane Stewart was the other.

Think those two were the only pros playing and the rest were scholars.
Yes very young side i wouldnt take too much from the result , butgood experince from the young lad. I said once before a while back a premier league scout ,had to scout Southend and said the best talet there at this time was O"Shane - Stewart.

Yes very young side i wouldnt take too much from the result , butgood experince from the young lad. I said once before a while back a premier league scout ,had to scout Southend and said the best talet there at this time was O"Shane - Stewart.
O’Shane Stewart was excellent at Dartford in friendly back in the summer. He would be an upgrade over Phillip & Dunne.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson played for Canvey in their 2-0 deafest against Felixstowe and Walton. Miles was booked on 70 minutes.

Jon Benton, who has just extended his spell at Aveley to the end of the season, played against his old side Great Wakering. Aveley’s first and third goals both came from Benton shots which were saved but not cleared. The Millers won 4-1.

No Tommy Davis for Heybridge Swifts who drew 4-4.

No Blues in the Bishop’s Stortford’s FA Triphy defeat on penalties.

Harlow won 2-0 but line-ups as ever a mystery.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson started yesterday for Canvey in their 5-1 win against Tilbury. I believe it was his first win in a Canvey shirt. Their 4th goal was apparently reminiscent of Tony Yeboah fwiw.

Jimmy Wallace was on the bench for Bishop’s Stortford’s game at Bowers & Pitsea. He wasn’t needed in a comfortable Stortford win.

No Tommy Davis for Heybridge Swifts at Maldon & Tiptree. This was too much for the floodlight operator and the game was abandoned with the hosts 1-0 up after floodlight failure.

With John White injured again, Lopata’s loan potentially not being extended because of the embargo might one of Jimmy Wallace, Tommy Davis and Miles Mitchell-Nelson, who are all out on loan, be in line for a recall?

Jon Benton played in Aveley’s derby v Grays. He set up their second in what sounds like another impressive display. Aveley won 2-1.

No Kinali for Hendon. They missed him first half before pulling it back to 2-2 second half in a game featuring a couple of red cards.

Back