• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loanee Watch 2021-22

Benton seems to be scoring a lot of goals at Aveley, SUFC say he's a box-to-box / playmaker type, do we know what position he's playing at Aveley?

Seems one of the strongest prospects we've got at the moment.
Said last season if he had no more injuries he’d be the one to get a chance in the first team but yet again they send him out on loan, know his dad really well and if his not given his chance soon then he will see his contract out and get his chance elsewhere, he won’t be here for long if another club comes in for him, can see Cambridge stealing him from us soon.

Said last season if he had no more injuries he’d be the one to get a chance in the first team but yet again they send him out on loan, know his dad really well and if his not given his chance soon then he will see his contract out and get his chance elsewhere, he won’t be here for long if another club comes in for him, can see Cambridge stealing him from us soon.
Both Benton and Kinali have goals in them and yet they seem to be behind Walsh, Egbri, Phillips and Gard in the pecking order. I find this puzzling. Hopefully, both Benton and Kinali will get some decent first-team opportunities soon.

Both Benton and Kinali have goals in them and yet they seem to be behind Walsh, Egbri, Phillips and Gard in the pecking order. I find this puzzling. Hopefully, both Benton and Kinali will get some decent first-team opportunities soon.
Acquah scored loads in the youths, as did Rush (I think). It's a big step up, from youth, or loans 2+ divisions below, to first team footie.

Acquah scored loads in the youths, as did Rush (I think). It's a big step up, from youth, or loans 2+ divisions below, to first team footie.
From the very little I've seen, Benton seems more in the mould of a Jack Payne / Jack Bridge prospect with more natural footballing ability than the likes of Acquah / Rush / Kinali.

Canvey won 3-0 last night. No Miles Mitchell-Nelson for them: he played for our u23s yesterday instead so I’m going to assume his loan is over.

We seem to be utilising short loans more this season. Many are for a month only.

I would have expected to see Kinali get a loan at National League South level, surprised a club from that division hasn't come in for him.

Level 6
Conference South

Tommy Davis started for Spud’s Welling against an Oxford City side featuring ex-Shrimper Harry Kyprianou. Former SUFC youth and Japan u19 centre-back Dan Matsuzaka was on the bench for Oxford alongside Lead Bradbury’s son Harvey. Welling lost 1-0.

Level 7
Southern League Premier South

Eren Kinali made his second debut (is that still a debut?) for 14th placed Hendon. He was booked just before half-time. Hendon were 2-0 up at half-time but two quick goals after ht drew 9th place Poole level only for the home team Hendon to win it with 12 minutes remaining.

Terrell Egbri was on the bench for leaders Farnborough at 20th placed Kings Langley. No Ricky Holmes for them but he did apparently play a part in them signing Terrell. Egbri came on after 67 minutes with the score 1-1 but was unable to help them secure the expected win.

Isthmian Premier

Miles Mitchell-Nelson made his debut for badly struggling East Thurrock against Jimmy Wallace’s high-flying Bishop’s Stortford. Wallace however was only on the bench. Mitchell-Nelson was booked on 54 minutes for what seemed a good challenge with East Thurrock 3-0 down. In the end it finished 4-1. Bishop’s Stortford remain 4th and East Thurrock 21st out of 22.

Level 8
Isthmian North

Jon Benton lined up for Aveley against Lewis Gard’s brother Freddie’s Brentwood. Aveley scored the only goal of the game on 56 minutes.

Level 6
Conf South
Tommy Davis was in the starting line-up as Welling travelled to Braintree. The Essex side took the lead on 35 minutes and doubled it almost immediately after half-time only for Welling to mount a comeback to claim a point.

Level 7
Southern League Premier South
Hendon were at home to Swindon Supermarine with Eren Kinali in their starting line-up. They took the lead just after half-time and held on for a 1-0 win.

Terrell Egbri was on the bench for leaders Farnborough at Weston-super-Mare. He came on after 70 minutes and within 10 minutes Weston-super-Mare had equalised and taken the lead but a 95th minute equaliser rescued a point for Farnborough.

Isthmian Premier
No Jimmy Wallace for Stortford against Bognor Regis. He was in Premier League Cup action for the u23s at Roots Hall instead.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson who had recently joined struggling East Thurrock (second bottom of the Isthmian Prem) was in Velocity Trophy action last night against Romford, bottom of the Isthmian North, the rung below. Mitchell-Nelson helped keep a clean sheet in a narrow 7(seven) - 0 win.

Jon Benton was in Isthmian North action tonight against Barking

It seemed to go well

And

He was subbed after 84 minutes and Aveley won 3-0 to leapfrog Canvey into first place.
This is the stuff that confuses me about the excitement around Wood compared to Benton. Wood has been playing one level higher, but Benton’s numbers are far more impressive and he’s scored some excellent goals.

Wood must have something extra about him and I’m not trying to dampen the excitement, but if Benton isn’t in and around the first team next season and Wood is I’ll be confused.

This is the stuff that confuses me about the excitement around Wood compared to Benton. Wood has been playing one level higher, but Benton’s numbers are far more impressive and he’s scored some excellent goals.

Wood must have something extra about him and I’m not trying to dampen the excitement, but if Benton isn’t in and around the first team next season and Wood is I’ll be confused.
Wood's two years younger than Benton I think.

Also worth considering Wood is playing for a team in the relegation zone in the division above while Benton is playing for the team top of the league.

Would have been interesting to see how Benton did in the league above, but guess at this stage him getting game time and doing well is more important to his development. Hope he gets a chance in pre-season.

Also worth considering Wood is playing for a team in the relegation zone in the division above while Benton is playing for the team top of the league.

Would have been interesting to see how Benton did in the league above, but guess at this stage him getting game time and doing well is more important to his development. Hope he gets a chance in pre-season.
Benton had a spell in the Isthmian Prem with East Thurrock earlier this season.

Level 7
Southern Prem
Eren Kinali played 90 minutes at Tiverton for Hendon. A last minute sending off and penalty saw Hendon lose 1-0.

Terrell Egbri made his full debut for stuttering Farnborough at home to Wimborne and he seems to be the tonic for their recent woes as they raced into a 3 goal lead inside half an hour. A late first half penalty cut the lead to 3-1 at the break but they restored the 3 goal cushion soon after the restart for a comfortable 4-1 win.

Isthmian Prem
Miles Mitchell-Nelson started for struggling East Thurrock against Ricky Otto’s old side Haringey Borough. It was more of the same as they slumped to a 3-1 defeat.

Jimmy Wallace was on the bench again for Bishops Stortford against Leatherhead. Appearing as sub for Leatherhead was ex-loanee Antonio German. The game finished goalless.

Southern League Premier South (level 7)
Eren Kinali played in Hendon’s 1-0 defeat at home to Gosport. Gosport move up to 5th whilst Hendon remain 13th and miss the chance to move into the top half.

Back