• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Local Elections

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
So far

Tories making large gains
Labour have taken a tonking
UKIP have taken a really big tonking (wipe out)
Lib Dems seem to have done ok without setting the world on fire.

Thoughts?

Exactly as predicted by many and dare I say it a clear sign of what's to come in the GE.

Que the expected witerings of from the usual suspects as to how local elections cannot be seen as a barometer of the wider political climate.

Please don't let me down :winking:

So far

Thoughts?
Obviously the main point is that the Tories are doing well. They have benefited from the collapse of UKIP and it seems a lot of people are going along with May's intentions that the GE is only about Brexit.

Locals are where Lib Dems do well - and they haven't. The West Mayoralty is interesting as more 2nd preference votes (i.e. the LibDem votes) went to Labour which indicates that any tactical voting could be anti Tory if used in the GE.

Labour haven't done well but doing better than predictions even at 1am where they were predicted to lose Swansea when in fact they have increased their majority. They have retained Cardiff and Newport and won the Doncaster Mayoralty with 57% of the vote. Still a lot more results to come in.

Certainly the cities verses everywhere else shows up a big left / right split in the country and certainly the Tories are doing the best out of these results - currently it seems 'Brexit is Brexit' really is all that you need to offer.

Exactly as predicted by many and dare I say it a clear sign of what's to come in the GE.

Que the expected witerings of from the usual suspects as to how local elections cannot be seen as a barometer of the wider political climate.

Please don't let me down :winking:
sorry, mine was already written before I saw yours or I would have ditched any locals / GE indicators. I humbly apologise.

Often the local councils are seen as a means to put forward protest votes to "warn" the incumbent government, but if that isn't happening then a landslide could well be on the cards for June....

Often the local councils are seen as a means to put forward protest votes to "warn" the incumbent government, but if that isn't happening then a landslide could well be on the cards for June....

This time its a warning for the opposition. Unfortunately they won't listen, the people who stole the Labour part never do.

This time its a warning for the opposition. Unfortunately they won't listen, the people who stole the Labour part never do.
the current Labour leadership was voted in fair and square twice, the current Tory government has 30 MPs is it? that are likely to have election fraud cases brought by the CPS - something May was very aware of when she back tracked on Cameron's fixed term law and called an early election.

I think your use of the concept of theft is currently valid but you have attached it to the wrong party.

the current Labour leadership was voted in fair and square twice, the current Tory government has 30 MPs is it? that are likely to have election fraud cases brought by the CPS - something May was very aware of when she back tracked on Cameron's fixed term law and called an early election.

I think your use of the concept of theft is currently valid but you have attached it to the wrong party.

Which will make the crushing defeat all the more embarrassing for Labour

So far

Thoughts?

Good. Let's face it, arson isn't a vote winner.

:hilarious:

Another day, another whinge about May

Back