• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Local MP Expenses...

Davros

The Whippet
James Duddridge - Rochford and Southend East
£160,005

second home 22k
staff 90k
office 20k
stationay 1.5k
IT 1.3k
staff cover 7.6k
communication 7.4k
travel 4k

David Amess - Southend West
£137,748

Second Home 23k
office 20k
staffing 80k
stationary 1k
IT 1.3k
Communication 2.8k
travel 8k

Mark Francois - Rayleigh
£141,792

Second Home 21k
Staffing 89k
Office 12k
stationary 1k
IT 1.5k
Communication 7.7k
travel 7k

Bob Spink - Castle Point
£140,987

Second Home 23k
Office 13k
Staff 82k
Stationary 1k
IT 1k
Communication 9k
travel 6k

More here http://msn.shoothill.com/

That's interesting about Bob Spink, I met him at a dinner in March and his intimation was that he commutes to/from the House of Commons, so I'd be interested to see what his second home allowance includes.

Interesting David Amess spends so little on communication compared to the others. Probably a bit like a mate of mine - you text him or email him and he gives you his answer next time he sees you.

Arnt they all Torys? or ex Torys.. a few hundred grand wouldnt keep a decent Tory mp's drinks cabinet stocked.. Give them more ..Labour M.P's eat coal and live in mines.. Take the money off them.

That's interesting about Bob Spink, I met him at a dinner in March and his intimation was that he commutes to/from the House of Commons, so I'd be interested to see what his second home allowance includes.

More interesting to note is that he is UKIP, and they arent meant to be as snout and troughie as the rest....

Why do any of these people need second homes? I commute to London daily and work pretty long hours, and I cope well enough.

There should be a scale based on the distance to / from Parliament and the consituency for what they are entitled to.

Mark Francois has lived in Basildon/Rayleigh area all of his life why should he have claimed for a 2nd home

Why do any of these people need second homes? I commute to London daily and work pretty long hours, and I cope well enough.

There should be a scale based on the distance to / from Parliament and the consituency for what they are entitled to.

i fully agree

Espeically when the same person is claiming £8k a year for travel... you either need a second home, or to pay for the train to london everyday... expensing for both simply doesnt add up!

I would not begrudge an MP buying a season ticket for £3700 and claiming it back, but when he has a second home as well, its pure greed

Mark Francois has lived in Basildon/Rayleigh area all of his life why should he have claimed for a 2nd home

Perhaps like most commuters he is regularly sick on the last train home after a post work session and has sorted himself out with a crash pad to give himself a bit of dignity?

Last edited:
I think you will find some parliamentary sessions go on into the early hours so it would be impossible to use the public transport back to Southend, so it is usual that MP's take a 2nd home in London to allow them to stay for these sessions. However I do feel the system should be changed, I would suggest that the money for second homes is to be used to create a Halls of residence type block that is used by the such MPs and that during the holiday breaks it is turned over to be a quality hotel, so that it can earn money for the state and may be offset the constructions costs.

Of course MPs expenses are du jour, so i guessed such a thread would appear. Can any one of us put our hands up and say that we have never done something we should not to our benefit from our employers? For instance using the companies internet bandwidth to post on here and spend most of the day surfing whilst being paid to actually work. So in a way you are taking money under false pretences.

He wasn't UKIP when elected.

Which in itself is a disgrace. The people who voted for Bob Spink were almost certainly voting Conservative rather than him specifically. If he wanted to defect or was thrown out he should have given up his seat and forced a by-election.

Which in itself is a disgrace. The people who voted for Bob Spink were almost certainly voting Conservative rather than him specifically. If he wanted to defect or was thrown out he should have given up his seat and forced a by-election.

Think we discussed this at the time, Spink (and I thought he resigned from the party rather than being turfed out) has always been a man of the people of Castle Point and the feeling was/is that we/they would have stood by him.

There really is a case for having some kind of MP hotel - a kind of non-Travelodge - for MPs who don't require a 2nd home in London but might sometimes need the convenience of a bed for the night, especially when some of their sessions go on into the night. It would be much cheaper than all these 2nd homes.

Which in itself is a disgrace. The people who voted for Bob Spink were almost certainly voting Conservative rather than him specifically.

Which shows the generally missed point of our elections. We should be voting for the person we feel will best to represent us and our issues, not the party.

Spink has not changed his views or beliefs but just feels that he is better suited to be part of UKIP than the Conservatives.

Can we not just set fire to all these mp's and live in an anarchic and chaotic society, just like Mad Max?

Personally, I'd love to drive a souped up motor around, stopping only to mash up the odd scrote or two.

The downside is that tina turner will turn up at some point, but then again, I'd still do her, even at her age..

Kind Regards

Which shows the generally missed point of our elections. We should be voting for the person we feel will best to represent us and our issues, not the party.

Spink has not changed his views or beliefs but just feels that he is better suited to be part of UKIP than the Conservatives.

Maybe we should. But by and large people don't (I do incidentally. Whilst living in the Hounslow constituency I'd have rather voted Monster Raving Loony than sitting Labour MP Ann Keen as she's been taking the **** with expenses for years). He campaigned on a Conservative platform - it would have said the phrase 'Conservative Party' next to his name on the ballot paper - so he should have either stuck it out with them or stepped down.

However, I'm conscious that we're steering a bit :offtopic: here!

MPs? Raise their basic pay by a decent chunk but cancel all expenses is another route down which to go.

Maybe we should. But by and large people don't (I do incidentally. Whilst living in the Hounslow constituency I'd have rather voted Monster Raving Loony than sitting Labour MP Ann Keen as she's been taking the **** with expenses for years). He campaigned on a Conservative platform - it would have said the phrase 'Conservative Party' next to his name on the ballot paper - so he should have either stuck it out with them or stepped down.

However, I'm conscious that we're steering a bit :offtopic: here!

MPs? Raise their basic pay by a decent chunk but cancel all expenses is another route down which to go.

I wouldn't even suggest that their basic pay needs increasing, just give them a form of London weighting as most companies do, for those that have to travel furthest. And as for the Sinn Fein MPs then just give them nothing - they never come to Parliament, same applies to any other persistent offenders, minimum number of attendances to qualify.

I think you will find some parliamentary sessions go on into the early hours so it would be impossible to use the public transport back to Southend, so it is usual that MP's take a 2nd home in London to allow them to stay for these sessions. However I do feel the system should be changed, I would suggest that the money for second homes is to be used to create a Halls of residence type block that is used by the such MPs and that during the holiday breaks it is turned over to be a quality hotel, so that it can earn money for the state and may be offset the constructions costs.

Of course MPs expenses are du jour, so i guessed such a thread would appear. Can any one of us put our hands up and say that we have never done something we should not to our benefit from our employers? For instance using the companies internet bandwidth to post on here and spend most of the day surfing whilst being paid to actually work. So in a way you are taking money under false pretences.

i agree with the sentiment of this, but i do not work for a Public sector company, so its an entirely different matter.

Back