• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CANV

Coach
after being but right by Jávea shrimper on where fossetts farm is i drove past it last night.. surely a major problem with siting a new ground there would be the traffic chaos it would cause from the end of the daul carrigeway on the 127 and round priory park.. and also at sutton lane? roundabout.. or is the on/off road improvements for that area all part on the plan.. i reckon the place i thought was fossetts farm is a better site ;-)
(p.s. i thought it was to the west of the dual carrige way off the 127 from the roundabout at RBS/tescos

You are right about the traffic problems.

There is plans to widen Priory crescent which is being met by fierce competition from 27 numpty tree huggers.

When this is given the green light, so will the new ground in my opinion.

Southend Council gave "unanimous backing" for the plans to widen Priory Crescent back in March 2002 and local media reported back then that the scheme was likely to go ahead, despite the opposition from the tree-huggers of Parklife. The discovery of the Saxon king's tomb in February 2004 changed things dramatically and there were thoughts that the whole scheme would be scrapped. A public inquiry took place in March 2004 and council looked (and failed) to find alternative routes to avoid the archeaological site. Now everything has gone very quiet ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Feb. 05 2005,09:35)]Saxon king's tomb
Guess the Saxon king wasn't a Shrimper then.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no, it's two separate places
hmm interesting did not know that when I was working at First great eastern at Shenfield people use to ask 'whens the next train to harold hill!'
when theres only a Harold Wood! just thought it was an old name for it

Back