• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lockdown projects.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Has anyone made constructive use of their unexpected free time.

I had intended to start learning the piano and improve my work skills in anticipation of the very competitive job market that will exist after the lockdown but have mostly been drinking wine boxes and eating too much.

I have decided today is the day to make a start.

Anyone else?

Has anyone made constructive use of their unexpected free time.

I had intended to start learning the piano and improve my work skills in anticipation of the very competitive job market that will exist after the lockdown but have mostly been drinking wine boxes and eating too much.

I have decided today is the day to make a start.

Anyone else?

weve been clearing the house and looking at getting the garden dug up and slabs laid with some artificial grass. I’ve half dismantled the shed, put stuff in loft, sorted out clothes, and more.

It's funny the impact of having things to have to do like go to work has on the motivation of the things you want to do.

I had loads of ideas but I've done very little but the CNC router is setup and running smoothly. That was the big project. At least I can say thats done if nothing else.

I've compiled a spreadsheet showing all of the Southend matches I've attended in my 32 years of following the blues. I was eager find out my win, loss, draw percentage.
I have a 35% win percentage for anyone interested!
It was great to dig out old programmes and other memorabilia that I had kept and made me appreciate just how great the good times were.

I've compiled a spreadsheet showing all of the Southend matches I've attended in my 32 years of following the blues. I was eager find out my win, loss, draw percentage.
I have a 35% win percentage for anyone interested!
It was great to dig out old programmes and other memorabilia that I had kept and made me appreciate just how great the good times were.
3wga03.jpg

Being retired I don't have the same pressures as you workers but I have already carried out a thorough culling of the receipts/guarantees/user guides/car insurance/birth certs/death certs etc etc in the two drawer filer. We are now down to one drawer and bef0re you could say knife she had put the empty drawer to use storing Mrs RHB stuff! Next big job was servicing the electric mower ready for the onslaught of the grass cutting season. Again the female grass cutter had left the thing in a sorry state and mud, stuck on grass and furry fungus abounded round the blade. The blade its self resembled our cat's ears with lumps missing. A regrind and a sharpen and all is good. The fun and frolics just keep on coming at Roots Manor!

The Mrs loved that!
In all seriousness, it was great to look back at some of the old matches. I had forgotten how good the period under Steve Thompson was. Only 12 matches whilst in caretaker charge but 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.
Gary Jones knocking goals in all over the place. The feel good factor around the club at that time was right up there with everything we hit ending up in the back of the net.
Home wins over Stoke (4-2), Burnley (3-1) and Barnsley on the final day of the season (3-1).

It's funny the impact of having things to have to do like go to work has on the motivation of the things you want to do.

I had loads of ideas but I've done very little but the CNC router is setup and running smoothly. That was the big project. At least I can say thats done if nothing else.
CNC I'm not envious at all! (although rubbish with computers) what do you use it for mate?
work or hobby?

The wife has decorated our bedroom, finished decorating the kitchen and decorated the living room, up the stairs and the landing. Thank goodness for lockdown

Am I allowed to ask making what exactly?
Understand if you don't want to say,but enjoy however.

I get asked if I can make stuff quite a lot because it's something I'm interested in. Last week I was asked if I could make two picture frames for example. Often I'm either not quite setup for it, or people don't understand how much work is involved.

A CNC isn't going to be especially helpful for picture frames although it could be done. But for the next thing that I get asked, maybe.

I get asked if I can make stuff quite a lot because it's something I'm interested in. Last week I was asked if I could make two picture frames for example. Often I'm either not quite setup for it, or people don't understand how much work is involved.

A CNC isn't going to be especially helpful for picture frames although it could be done. But for the next thing that I get asked, maybe.
Good stuff, I know someone who got hold of one and seems to do alot of personalised chopping boards, luckily they have someone who can program it .

Can you make guns?

Asking for a friend.

Good stuff, I know someone who got hold of one and seems to do alot of personalised chopping boards, luckily they have someone who can program it .

Ah cool. Do they have an Etsy shop then? There is a bit of a learning curve to it, like anything but it's been well worth it even just to get to this point.

Boring I know but my personal lockdown project is to stay virus free (if possible) until LFB Cambridge exam classes resume (online) on 27th April /finishing on the 7th May.After that it would be nice to take off for Cebazan (always assuming the border with France is re-opened by then.

Painted most of the garage interior, raised flower beds and fences but run out of both paints now. Had a big de-clutter on tools and Kev's sorted out all his tool and garage paraphernalia into the tool cabinet I bought him when we moved. Garage is now nearly sorted. Lined one of the flower beds but run out of staples. Need a DIY store open!

Back