• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LOCKDOWN PUB QUIZ, for all the family.. ..........Thursdays..............2021..... 8.15PM... Questions Start.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
In the 'What to do during quarantine' thread, I posted last night saying I had just done Jay's Pub Quiz. Not many are going on that thread, so are not hearing about the quiz, so I have made this one. I feel it warrants it, as the feedback about this event has been massive. If as expected he does another one next week, it's going to be crazy. Last night he got over 100,000 entered, plus a lot more as some were playing as a family. If the mods aren't happy, they can move this to that other thread. It is done live on youtube and Facebook. I had friends and family all texting each other during and after the quiz. Did you know that one? What is your current or final score? A few funny comments as well. So it really brought people and family together in a shared event, just what's needed as people are apart. On Facebook, 99% of live comments were positive, 1% a holes or trolls. If any of you or your family would like to play, here is last nights quiz. Nice to watch the first five minutes to see what it's about. You can skip to the start of the quiz at 25 minutes in. Very occasionally he loses a bit of sound, but hang in there, as he repeats most questions. You will need pen and paper, and number your questions 1-10, and do this five times. So 50 questions in total.
If as expected he does one next week, I will put the link up, so those that want to, can all play live.

Reactions: ESG
We also joined in and a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining couple of hours to lift the mood and keep the old brain cells ticking over. Got more points than we have this season just! Was well done and full marks to Jay. Hopfully more of the same next week.
We competed against next door using you tube through normal streaming. Didn't realise it was quite do slow until our opponents said they went through Amazon fire stick and good 5 minutes ahead!
Finally hope Jays head is ok today as he certainly shifted some gin and tonics during the course of the evening! :Clap:

Due to popular demand, as expected, Jay is doing another one this Thursday, 2nd April. There could easily be over 200,000 entries on Youtube and Facebook this time. Great fun, and breaks up the night time lockdown. If there is another clap and cheer for the NHS on Thursday at 8pm, then the quiz should start at 8.15pm again. I will let you know. Everyone I have spoke to that played it said they are looking forward to the next one. So let your family and friends know if you wish, and you can have a bit of competition between households. It's just for fun, but you might win bragging rights. You just need pen & paper. I used one piece of A4 printing paper, that was fine. I hope a few of you join in, and enjoy it.

So here we are guys and gals. Tonight is the night. It will start at 8.15pm after the 8pm clap and cheer. This is the BBC story of it.

At least 300,000 people are thought to have taken part in a virtual pub quiz broadcast online by a former landlord.

Jay Flynn, from Darwen, Lancashire, ran the quiz through Facebook and YouTube on Thursday night, hoping to “lift a few local people’s spirits”.

But he admitted things “went a little crazy” with people from as far afield as New Zealand and the US taking part.

“I thought I would get 30-40 people from Darwen playing,” he said.

He said the total number of views so far – either live or on replay – was about 340,000.

Mr Flynn, 37, a car salesman who lives with wife Sarah and son Jack, used to put on quiz nights at the pub he ran.

For the virtual quiz, he set 50 questions with people “playing for fun at home with pen and paper”, and admitted to being “petrified” before his 90-minute live broadcast.

Flynn lives with his wife Sarah and son Jack
“The big ‘mistake’ I made was making the event public,” he said.

“I wasn’t expecting it. It was just for a few people to keep spirits up locally, but the lockdown changed everything.

“At some point it went viral – on Monday morning, around 500 people were interested on Facebook but by Monday night that had grown to 10,000.

“The live viewing figures peaked at 300,000 and when I got up on Friday morning there were more than 2,000 people watching it back on YouTube."

He said he had received thousands of messages and would try to get through them all over the next 24 hours, as well as post the answers on his Facebook page.

Mr Flynn plans to run the quiz every week on YouTube. “The demand seems to be there – and I have a lot of time on my hands,” he added.

When asked if Thursday's viewing figures could be record-breaking, Mr Flynn said he would need to submit the attempt to Guinness World Records to see if it met the criteria, which could take 12 weeks.

You can still take the quiz on Jay’s YouTube channel.

You can play on Jay's Virtual Pub Quiz on Youtube

Or on facebook here........

Obviously they are not live at this time of day, but Jay plans to go live at 7.45pm tonight, to introduce and chat, then breaking for the NHS clap and cheer at 8pm, and then starting the first question of 50 at 8.15pm.

Hello zoners. The quiz last Thursday was an even bigger event, the sound was better and he did subtitles just in case. I did much better than the first quiz the Thursday before, probably because there was no questions about Harry Potter or Game of Thrones. It is now going to happen every Thursday during lockdown.
It was 50 questions as I have previously mentioned. Here are what I think were 10 good ones this week. You can have a go, or even print them out and hand to any family living with you at the moment, for a bit of fun and light relief.

1. Which Country has the most football World Cup wins?

2. Who replaced Christopher Ecclestone on Doctor Who?

3. What broadcast did approximately 650 Million people worldwide watch on July 20th 1969?

4. In which year was the NHS founded?

5. Words to a song...Song title please.....Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world?

6. Words to a song...She's in to superstition, black cats and voodoo dolls?

7. What is the capital city of New Zealand.

8. What is the smallest country in the World by area, at only .44 of a kilometre?

9. Who sang Diamonds are forever?

10. Check in, unpack, relax, take a shower, was the tagline to which movie?

Same as usual tonight folks. The links are below to play on youtube or facebook. Those links will become live at 7.50pm. We all go outside for the NHS clap and cheer at 8pm. Then we come back in, get your drink of choice, maybe even a few snacks, and the pub quiz begins at 8.15pm.
Anyone thinking of playing, I think it's worth trying once, if you don't like it, fair enough. Everyone I've spoken to now plays every week, and really looks forward to it, as it breaks things up and is different from your day to day activities indoors.

Same as usual tonight folks. The links are below to play on youtube or facebook. Those links will become live at 7.50pm. We all go outside for the NHS clap and cheer at 8pm. Then we come back in, get your drink of choice, maybe even a few snacks, and the pub quiz begins at 8.15pm.
Anyone thinking of playing, I think it's worth trying once, if you don't like it, fair enough. Everyone I've spoken to now plays every week, and really looks forward to it, as it breaks things up and is different from your day to day activities indoors.

YouTube was about five minutes ahead of Facebook the first week. Think last week's attendance of 133K were on Youtube.

See if I can out drink Jay this week with beer not gin though

Very well done guys. I got 28/50 this week on my own, but playing against other family and friends households. Last week I found it much easier and got 39/50, giving me bragging rights, with more questions my era.

Have played the last few weeks
34 tonight (with wife), 35 last week I think.

I like it because the guy is so crap, he really is a rabbit caught in headlights and is clearly really nervous just keeps talking. Makes him more “normal” than some slick presenter of the TV. Can’t believe he does this in pubs every week.
Well put together though

Can I just add “ emmental “

Back