• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London 2017 World Athletics Championships

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
What did people get in the ballot?

I've got 110m hurdles final, hopefully Laura Muir in the 1500m final, men's triple jump qualifying and women's final and the women's hammer on the Monday.

Particularly looking forward to the Tuesday though - first round of the 200m then van Niekerk, James and Merritt in the 400m final, Rudisha in the 800m final, Renaud Lavillenie with a point to prove to Da Silva in the pole vault final and a load of Kenyans in the Steeplechase.

Tuesday evening - highlights being the men's 400m and 800m finals. Also men's pole vault final. If it's anything like as good as Rio 2016, or the one I saw at Athens 2004, that'll be a treat. See you there YB!

Friday morning - first sessions of the decathlon, so hopefully the chance to see the mighty Ashton Eaton in action

Friday evening - not that great finals wise, but the women's 200m should be a good watch.

All told, I'm very happy with our lot. That Friday is going to be a loooong day but a great one.

Didn't get anything unfortunately. Could only apply for the first weekend which was always going to be a long shot

I applied for quite a few, but only got the two sessions, and one each from your selections - Monday with YB, and Friday with UL. Beer anyone?

What did people get in the ballot?

I've got 110m hurdles final, hopefully Laura Muir in the 1500m final, men's triple jump qualifying and women's final and the women's hammer on the Monday.

Particularly looking forward to the Tuesday though - first round of the 200m then van Niekerk, James and Merritt in the 400m final, Rudisha in the 800m final, Renaud Lavillenie with a point to prove to Da Silva in the pole vault final and a load of Kenyans in the Steeplechase.

Tuesday evening - highlights being the men's 400m and 800m finals. Also men's pole vault final. If it's anything like as good as Rio 2016, or the one I saw at Athens 2004, that'll be a treat. See you there YB!

Friday morning - first sessions of the decathlon, so hopefully the chance to see the mighty Ashton Eaton in action

Friday evening - not that great finals wise, but the women's 200m should be a good watch.

All told, I'm very happy with our lot. That Friday is going to be a loooong day but a great one.

Back