• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London Bombings Relief Fund - Please Sponsor Me!

Sam (YTFC)

As you will be aware, recently there was serious bombings on the london underground. In order to raise some money for the London Bombing Relief fund, around 100 people, including me, will be travelling to all open tube stations, this currently lies at 264 in total, this means getting the 1st train out of Amersham at 5.28am, and not finishing until 1am the following morning, this is also the equivalent of travelling 300 miles, that is from London to Penzance, getting sponsors to sponsor us do this challenge, so i would be most grateful if you could donate a small amount (or large if you wish!) to help us raise as much as possible.
Many Thanks
Sam

To sponsor me visit here: http://www.justgiving.com/tube_challenge

Spot on Sam. I will most definitely contribute and I am sure many others will too. Good cause, good effort, well done.
smile.gif

Hear hear - a great effort, Sam... I'm sure plenty from this site will contribute. Make sure you get in touch with us once you've finished your challenge, so that we can all see how you got on - with both your fundraising and your Tube Challenge itself.

Hope to see you at Roots Hall this season as well!

smile.gif

Matt

Thanks for the contributions so far guys!! Will be back on here once the challenge has been completed, isn't taking place until middle-end of August though and so far between me and another person, we have managed to raise just over £500 since Saturday evening, so should reach a cracking end target
Thanks again
Sam!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sam (YTFC) @ July 17 2005,21:32)]As you will be aware, recently there was serious bombings on the london underground. In order to raise some money for the London Bombing Relief fund, around 100 people, including me, will be travelling to all open tube stations, this currently lies at 264 in total, this means getting the 1st train out of Amersham at 5.28am, and not finishing until 1am the following morning, this is also the equivalent of travelling 300 miles, that is from London to Penzance, getting sponsors to sponsor us do this challenge, so i would be most grateful if you could donate a small amount (or large if you wish!) to help us raise as much as possible.
Many Thanks
Sam

What would be more impressive is if you had a pint at every stop. Hang on, that's 264 pints - better make it halves.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ July 18 2005,14:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sam (YTFC) @ July 17 2005,21:32)]As you will be aware, recently there was serious bombings on the london underground. In order to raise some money for the London Bombing Relief fund, around 100 people, including me, will be travelling to all open tube stations, this currently lies at 264 in total, this means getting the 1st train out of Amersham at 5.28am, and not finishing until 1am the following morning, this is also the equivalent of travelling 300 miles, that is from London to Penzance, getting sponsors to sponsor us do this challenge, so i would be most grateful if you could donate a small amount (or large if you wish!) to help us raise as much as possible.
Many Thanks
Sam

What would be more impressive is if you had a pint at every stop.  Hang on, that's 264 pints - better make it halves.  
wink.gif
Of Cider.

wink.gif

[b said:
Many Thanks
Sam

Top work Sam... this world of ours needs people like you!

I will put your link on the Shrimpers-Online forum too.
wink.gif

Cheers for the sponsorship, much appreciated, just hope much more money can be raised now!!
Cheers again!
biggrin.gif

Come on guys, it doen't take a minute to register and it's for a really good cause!! So far between me and my team mate, we have raised £725, but are looking for much more, so get sponsoring!
smile.gif

Topic pinned - although this is not strictly Southend related, it's a fellow League Two fan doing something to help repair the damage caused by the attack a fortnight ago that by the grace of God, or sheer luck, appears not to have affected any Shrimpers.

I certainly support her cause, and I hope as many of you that are able to will do so too.  Good luck Sam.

smile.gif

wow.gif
Matt!!!
Are you suffering from temporary amnesia or something!! "it's a fellow League Two fan" Remember we both got promoted, we're now in League 1
biggrin.gif

Cheers anyway! and keep up the sponsoring!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sam (YTFC) @ July 21 2005,12:12)]
wow.gif
Matt!!!
Are you suffering from temporary amnesia or something!! "it's a fellow League Two fan" Remember we both got promoted, we're now in League 1  
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

What a plank!!

Just a quick update:
After the incidents today i am considering whether or not to go ahead with the tube challenge, i would like to but am also rather concerned at the moment!  
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sam (YTFC) @ July 21 2005,15:03)]Just a quick update:
After the incidents today i am considering whether or not to go ahead with the tube challenge, i would like to but am also rather concerned at the moment!  
sad.gif
Sam - I understand your concern, but the point is we HAVE to carry on and not change our plans. Literally Billions of tube journeys are made each day. The number of tube journies that ended in a casualty from a bomb is absolutely minute when compared to the total number of tube journeys made.

I made 4 tube journeys today. One of them was about 2 hours after the bombs. The trains were just as packed as normal and we all just got on with it.

If you need to cancel thats one thing - but please dont cancel out of fear, as that is exactly what the bombers want and they should NEVER be allowed even the smallest of victories.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 21 2005,21:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sam (YTFC) @ July 21 2005,15:03)]Just a quick update:
sad.gif
Sam - I understand your concern, but the point is we HAVE to carry on and not change our plans. Literally Billions of tube journeys are made each day. The number of tube journies that ended in a casualty from a bomb is absolutely minute when compared to the total number of tube journeys made.

I made 4 tube journeys today. One of them was about 2 hours after the bombs. The trains were just as packed as normal and we all just got on with it.

If you need to cancel thats one thing - but please dont cancel out of fear, as that is exactly what the bombers want and they should NEVER be allowed even the smallest of victories.
Exactly, this is a time when we all have to stand united against terrorists and not run scared.

It's alright guys, i've snapped out of that mood now and i will be going ahead with it!! Even more so now, i will not give into them, they shall never defeat me!!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 21 2005,12:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sam (YTFC) @ July 21 2005,12:12)]
wow.gif
Matt!!!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

What a plank!!
Good point - Sam and (dare I say it) Spiff... that was one of my dafter statements. Alas, it may not be amnesia so much as early onset of dementia...

suspect.gif
upside.gif

Back