• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London Liverpool St to Southend Victoria in 5 min

Whispering Bob
You have me in trouble
So enthralled by Liverpool St to Southend that also went to Norwich instead of being outside chopping logs.
But definitely do not miss the daily commute to London
Now happily ensconsed in West of Ireland:Smile2::Smile2:

Whispering Bob
You have me in trouble
So enthralled by Liverpool St to Southend that also went to Norwich instead of being outside chopping logs.
But definitely do not miss the daily commute to London
Now happily ensconsed in West of Ireland:Smile2::Smile2:
Did u live in Westcliff before moving to Ireland ?

I have been from Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness in what seemed like five minutes.

It was actually several hours and I was woken up by a cleaner.
We've all been there. I found it was quite a jump down from the train in Shoebury sidings.

That’s pretty much how Liv St was when I first started work though Royal Mail vans replaced the taxis. After an office party I’ve done Liv St to Southend Vic and then back to Liv St.

Another member of the Shoebury club in a day when a taxi back to Leigh was unaffordable for me. Also got our the wrong side at Leigh on the old slam doors. That’s a long way down!

Late night slam doors were great for unscrewing the lights and hoping no one else got on the carriage. One thing I miss is the heaters roasting your arse Ona cold winters day. One thing I don’t miss is sitting next to a window on a cold wet day in a packed carriage where the seal on the window had gone.

Oh Whispering Bob. What a thread you have started here.
Only appreciated and understood by those of a certain age.

The morning gang carriage from Central before the steamers went

Books could be written on the daily exploits.

"SPARE" would not get a look in

Stratford was so much easier to erm transfer to the tube.
Yes but when I first started working I lived in Leigh before moving to Eastwood. I miss the Old Broad Street Station (handy for Wembley), I miss Kossoffs (handy for excellent sausage rolls and selling off stock cheaply late afternoon). don’t miss Casey Jones in the station. You knew you’d had a bad night if you got on the train with a Caseyburger. KFC on Liv St itself was a much better option.

Yes but when I first started working I lived in Leigh before moving to Eastwood. I miss the Old Broad Street Station (handy for Wembley), I miss Kossoffs (handy for excellent sausage rolls and selling off stock cheaply late afternoon). don’t miss Casey Jones in the station. You knew you’d had a bad night if you got on the train with a Caseyburger. KFC on Liv St itself was a much better option.
Loved Kossoffs!

The worrying thing about that film is that the rail infrastructure doesn't seem to have changed.

I'm in the Shoebury and Southend Vic club. Also waking up at Hockley and realising your on the way back to London.

We had reserve/occasional striker in the late 70's by the name of Graham Franklin. The story is he ended up working in the city and tried to jump out at Rayleigh after waking up as the train started to move. His foot slipped between train and platform and dragged him until the platform ran out. Done some serious damage to his instep but luck he didn't get pulled under.

I remember Franklin and I recall my brother doing the very same thing (diff station). One kid we worked with must have travelled back and forward a few times after a night out because when he opened his eyes he was surrounded by fresh-faced commuters on their way IN to work.

Back