• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London Marathon this Sunday

All

I am running the London marathon this coming sunday to raise money and awareness for the ‘Angelina Our Star Appeal’. A lot of you may remember that in May of last year we at ShrimperZone FC organised a "Sunrise to Sunset" Charity Football Match which raised an astonishing £9k for the Appeal, and this is my attempt to support them again in 2010. Last year was a cracking day and this was an article which appeared in the local paper at the time:

Evening Echo Article

The Angelina Our Star Appeal, affiliated to the Great Ormond Street Children’s’ Hospital (charity number: 235825), is an appeal based in Southend that has been set up in memory of Angelina Vidler, who lost her life at the age of 5 and a half to Wilms’ tumor – a rare childhood cancer. All monies raised will help to fund a new project at Great Ormond Street Children’s’ Hospital, which will transform the Hospital's ability to develop safer and more effective new treatments for children with cancer. For more information about the appeal please see their website

http://www.angelinaourstar.org.uk/

I know there are lots of people out there looking for sponsorship at the moment, but if anyone would like to sponsor me, you can do so through the Appeal’s justgiving site - http://www.justgiving.co.uk/angelinaourstar

Thank you for your support,

Dave

Thanks to all who have supported me so far. Managed to top the £1k mark this morning and all further sponsors will be extremely welcome.

Back