• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Gentlemen, the season will soon be upon us and, unlike our Southend-based brethren, we haven't got Season Tickets.

I've been watching with dismay as the number of season tickets sold goes through the roof and the number of tickets available for us exiles dwindles. You know, I'm happy that the club's doing well and everything but.....

Anyway, I think we should organise a London Chapter of ShrimperZone. This way we can plan our movements in advance.

Think of the advantages!

1, We can take it in turns to order tickets in bulk, thus saving us all a frustrating hour on hold with an under-staffed ticket department

2, We can use our contacts in the club to find out when the tickets go on sale, and then communicate the info to the rest of the group to ensure that we get to the tickets quickly.

3, We can organise magnificent, booze-fuelled journeys to and from the Motherland. Trains are crap, but they're much more fun if you're travelling in a group with a bag full of beer.

4, Safety in numbers and all that, what?

So, who's with me? Sign up below, be you from London or further afield. It's going to be a corking season and we really should make the most of it.

Game on. Having done at least one boozy train journey with you, I'm well up for a few more...

biggrin.gif

Although i have (for some bizarre reason that escapes me now, but that probably involves Reflex) got a season ticket, drunken train journeys to and from the capital are always to be encouraged.... bring it on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ June 27 2006,13:41)]2, We can use our contacts in the club to find out when the tickets go on sale, and then communicate the info to the rest of the group to ensure that we get to the tickets quickly.
Clique Alert!

laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Excellent stuff!

You know how it is, you want to get to games, but it's so much easier to find a reason not to go if you have to do a long journey on your own!

I'm in Middlesex strictly speaking, but Uxbridge is on the London Underground (just). Can I play?

Loz, Uxbridge, welcome aboard!

Smiffy, go away!

Not really, you can play too!

If you PM me your normal email addresses, and anyone who else who wants to be plagued with emails from me, I'll get them all in a group.

I was thinking about starting a Southchurch Branch... we can catch any one of the number of buses that go along Southchurch Road, and then change at Argos for the 2nd leg of the journey to Roots Hall and your chosen pre-match watering hole

Any takers
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Now, the important business.

Who do we know in the ticket office who can tip us off as to when the tickets are going to be made available?

By my reckoning, there will only be about 3,000 tickets for every home game. Swiftness is imperative!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ June 27 2006,18:09)]Now, the important business.

Who do we know in the ticket office who can tip us off as to when the tickets are going to be made available?

By my reckoning, there will only be about 3,000 tickets for every home game. Swiftness is imperative!
Aren't tickets generally available for purchase straight away? The question is, I should have thought, as to whether we know there are particular games we can or can't make...

rock.gif

Oh & can you count me in for your little ticket arrangement for the 1 or 2 home matches a year I aim to get to if I give you advance notice?

The key problem, as I see it, is that there are hardly any tickets available for any games now. With 7k Season tickets sold and 1.5-2k Away Support, that doesn't leave much for the likes of us.

Instead of us all individually hanging on the phone for hours and trying to get one ticket, I'll send an email round two weeks before every home fixture, you guys tell me whether you want a ticket or not and I'll get all of them in one fell swoop.

That gives us the double benefit of an easy life and of being sat next to people we know.

However, a lot depends on knowing when these tickets go on sale. Unless, of course, they're already on sale. In which case we shouldn't really be standing around chatting!

PS: Seany, PM me your real email address and I'll add you to the list. Same for you Glasgow!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ June 28 2006,16:34)]However, a lot depends on knowing when these tickets go on sale. Unless, of course, they're already on sale. In which case we shouldn't really be standing around chatting!
Now that the fixture list has been published, you should in theory be able to buy tickets for home games from match 1 to match 23.

In theory? Hmmm, that doesn't fill me with confidence!

I've emailed the Ticket Office explaining the situation, so we should know soon.

Until then, keep those email addresses coming, London-based Shrimpers!

A reply from Southend!

Dear Slipperduke,

Thank you for your interest in the forthcoming season. Unfortunately league tickets are not on sale at the moment. Club policy for the 2006-2007 season will be to sell tickets no more than 4 weeks prior to the game in question. We have set 8th July as a provisional date to start selling tickets for the first home game of the season. Please keep checking the club’s website more information.

Thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely,

Southend United Ticket Office.

So there you go. Keep PMing your email addresses. Next Monday, I'll send round an email and we'll go from there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ June 29 2006,10:34)]A reply from Southend!

"Dear Slipperduke...
laugh.gif

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;...&#39;Ere, Maureen, what sort of muvver calls &#39;er lad Slipperduke...&quot;</span>

laugh.gif

= = = =

On a serious note, good sleuthing. Best thing is to diarise reminders for 4 weeks in advance of games which we&#39;re intending to go to...

Matt

Back