• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐

2013/14

Our nearest teams for games in the league are AFC Wimbledon and Wycombe W? Not really rivals or local.
We also have some very long away trips to the SW with Plymouth & Torquay; the NE to Hartlepool and NW with Fleetwood and Morecambe.
With trips to Burton, Mansfield, Newport, Portsmouth and Oxford being average away days are we going to be doing more miles next season than ever before?
Will it affect our away following (always IMO better than any similar clubs)?

8,521 miles to travel next season...roughly Southend to Darwin (Northern Australia)

About a 370 mile average round-trip every game. So just over 7 hours travelling every away game, if you do about 50 mph. Grim and expensive.

BKsuSyqCMAADWJE.jpg:large

According to the club's Twitter feed, we will cover 8,521 miles travelling to league games next season. Not sure how that compares to previous years though.

Ooops, forgot Daggers!
When are fixtures out? I am thinking there could be some overnighters/away weekends!
Will Newport and Cheltenham be grouped together so they don't play home games same weekend etc?
I am hoping for a local draw for Coca-Cola and do we get a "by" for 1st round of JPT as finalists? (always an optimist:winking:).

No one seems to take the massive expense into account. How many of those away game are we going to be doing an overnight stay? Huge costs involved.

Please, for the love of ****ing God, get out of this league!!!

No one seems to take the massive expense into account. How many of those away game are we going to be doing an overnight stay? Huge costs involved.

Please, for the love of ****ing God, get out of this league!!!
True words, the days of playing league games against Lorient, Brentford, Charlton, Palace, Ipswich, Millwall, Norwich and even Col U (or Cambridge Utd)do seem a long long time ago.

So do Northern teams have a slight advantage this year with shorter trips, and hence a possible bigger away crowds?

Interested to see Morecambe (which I always think should be spelt Morecombe) is the furthest away - but Fleetwood, Plymouth and Hartlepool also massive distances.

Given we seem to perform better away from home at times (that observation is based on gut feeling and not an analysis of facts by the way), perhaps the long distances will work in our favour ..................:unsure::stunned::facepalm::whistling:

Anyway ......... at least Carlisle aren't in the same division ............

If i do more than 4/5 away league games next season i'll be astounded!

Hmm, i can see our usual January Jaunt, your stag, and Daggers being my 3 for next season... that said, only did 4 this season, lol

And the reverse for travel distance is true; very likely to be less visiting fans so poor atmosphere/gates at The Hall.
However it should mean North Bank is always for home fans and some more Friday games with perhaps a Sky showing if we can get a good start to the season.

Back