• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Levvog

Youth Team
There was I thinking Social Media provided everything I needed when I finally realised there was even more to be gained from being a part of ShrimperZone too!
Attending games since the seventies, when you could rattle around the enormous south bank and watching the European Champions Liverpool and that legendary lineup at a snowy Roots Hall in 1979 from the East Stand - defying police notices to have a snow ball fight with the Scouse fans on their way back to Prittlewell station, all in good humour on a great night, if not remembered for the game itself!
Now a season ticket holder in the South Upper having migrated from the family enclosure with my lad, who I can proudly claim is shrimperzone's own manor15, there is now more often three generations watching the Blues from there with my mother joining us since the move upstairs.
Highlights for me have to be the season of Champions as we won back to back promotions from League 1 under Tilly, the era under Tilson is one I look back on fondly... in the main! More recently of course the Wembley win, the omens were good after manor15, that lad of mine, won the honour to present the match ball to the referee for the game we would win in such dramatic fashion, what a day!
Best player, in my opinion, to ever wear the shirt has to be Stan Collymore whose natural skill, energy and strength sets him aside in a league of his own to this day. Most influential player in my time has to be the one and only Adam Barrett, no one else has embodied what it means to wear the shirt more than him, the club will be a poorer place when the day comes that he eventually hangs his boots for the last time, he will be sorely missed, retaining him within the club setup should be a must in the planning for a future beyond Barrett's playing days, recognising what his passion for the club delivers in the dressing room and the team dynamic.

I'm waffling... it's good to be joining the Zone!

Welcome. :thumbsup:

Its good to have father and son on the zone, in fact I've found out things about my son on here that I would probably preferred not to know.

Welcome Sam's dad. The benefit of being a SZ member is that you can PM him if you need to contact him and save on text or phone calls!!

There was I thinking Social Media provided everything I needed when I finally realised there was even more to be gained from being a part of ShrimperZone too!
Attending games since the seventies, when you could rattle around the enormous south bank and watching the European Champions Liverpool and that legendary lineup at a snowy Roots Hall in 1979 from the East Stand - defying police notices to have a snow ball fight with the Scouse fans on their way back to Prittlewell station, all in good humour on a great night, if not remembered for the game itself!
Now a season ticket holder in the South Upper having migrated from the family enclosure with my lad, who I can proudly claim is shrimperzone's own manor15, there is now more often three generations watching the Blues from there with my mother joining us since the move upstairs.
Highlights for me have to be the season of Champions as we won back to back promotions from League 1 under Tilly, the era under Tilson is one I look back on fondly... in the main! More recently of course the Wembley win, the omens were good after manor15, that lad of mine, won the honour to present the match ball to the referee for the game we would win in such dramatic fashion, what a day!
Best player, in my opinion, to ever wear the shirt has to be Stan Collymore whose natural skill, energy and strength sets him aside in a league of his own to this day. Most influential player in my time has to be the one and only Adam Barrett, no one else has embodied what it means to wear the shirt more than him, the club will be a poorer place when the day comes that he eventually hangs his boots for the last time, he will be sorely missed, retaining him within the club setup should be a must in the planning for a future beyond Barrett's playing days, recognising what his passion for the club delivers in the dressing room and the team dynamic.

Welcome to the Zone, glad to have you the site and Sam has been an excellent addition to our team. His efforts with the Facebook page are brilliant and has no doubt helped us to get more members. Hope to see you post loads now you've finally discovered the best place to talk everything Southend United and anything else.

Your "lad" is a credit to you,sir.

can't imagine a more committed player than AB, and big Stan was a great player who used to surprise me, and the opposition , with his quick fire bullets....often from 30 plus yards away !!

Back