• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Long term injured and other injury comeback news

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Anyone know what the latest is on our long term injured:

Tom Hopper
Harry Kyprainou
Sam Barratt
Lewis Gard

A month ago Sam Barratt was a little way off and not expecting to be available for selection for "the next couple of months".
Last I think I heard about Gard was facing a few more months on the sidelines but this was back in early June
Kyprianou was hoping to join in pre-season training at some stage. Did that happen?
Tom Hopper had a second operation in July this time on his cartilage, that was going to put back his recovery by a bit.

I'm not expecting any to come straight in but it would be good if they were back in training and undergoing their own pre-seasons.

Has anyone any further updates?

The decision to loan out Theo said to me that Hopper can’t be that far off it now

I had heard (from a usually reputable source) that Hopper is hoping to be involved in first team training around the start of October.

That of course doesn’t mean he’ll be anywhere close to selection and I don’t know if that would be after his own ‘mini pre-season’.

The op he had was just to clean out the knee and was part of his rehab schedule, absolutely nothing extra untoward or to be further worried by.

I had heard (from a usually reputable source) that Hopper is hoping to be involved in first team training around the start of October.

That of course doesn’t mean he’ll be anywhere close to selection and I don’t know if that would be after his own ‘mini pre-season’.

The op he had was just to clean out the knee and was part of his rehab schedule, absolutely nothing extra untoward or to be further worried by.

Can he also play in midfield??.

So Hopper is obviously back.

Any news of where Barratt, Gard and Kyprianou are with their training?

the last I head Barratt was straight line running.

Assuming he has the same recovery path as Hopper, the latter started that the day after we lost at Lincoln. So that's about 8 weeks or so???

the last I head Barratt was straight line running.

Assuming he has the same recovery path as Hopper, the latter started that the day after we lost at Lincoln. So that's about 8 weeks or so???

I really hope we see him back this side of Xmas so that we can see what he can do at this level, it would be a real shame if he was to miss his chance at being a pro due to an unfortunate injury

The good news is that Tom Hopper is back after 11 and a half months out (was injured 23 October 2018)

Sam Barratt out since 7 August 2018 (out 15 months so far)
Lewis Gard out since 9 October 2018 (out 13 months so far)
Harry Kyprianou out since 24 November 2018 (out nearly a year so far)

What a wretched few months they were - and that list above doesn't even include Jason Demetriou (injured 27 November 2018 until 9 March 2019 and hasn't fully recovered) and Harry Lennon (injured 23 October 2018 until 23 February 2019):Sad:

The good news is that Tom Hopper is back after 11 and a half months out (was injured 23 October 2018)

Sam Barratt out since 7 August 2018 (out 15 months so far)
Lewis Gard out since 9 October 2018 (out 13 months so far)
Harry Kyprianou out since 24 November 2018 (out nearly a year so far)

What a wretched few months they were - and that list above doesn't even include Jason Demetriou (injured 27 November 2018 until 9 March 2019 and hasn't fully recovered) and Harry Lennon (injured 23 October 2018 until 23 February 2019):Sad:

Fair enough BUT, BUT when is Barry CORR coming back!
Is Deegs still in hospital?

Back