• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Long Weekend Away - YAY

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Off to Thailand for the first time tonight. Koh Samui and Phuket were booked. You can keep your Bangkok and Pattaya. Quite frankly if I wanted that I have it on my doorstep in spades. Public Holiday here on Monday and taking Tuesday as a day in lieu though the company probably owes me a month. Got one call I can't avoid on Monday evening but apart from that I intend to crash out on a beach tomorrow morning and wake up Tuesday morning. If I don't do this I'm going to punch someone?

Anyone here been to Hua Hin? Looks great, beaches probably mid range but better than the crap recommended to me at work. Only booked it finally at 730 this am

Enjoy.

Having all those places on my doorstep was one of the things I loved about living out in HK. I remember leaving the office at 7 and being on a plane by 8 flying somewhere exotic.

If I was out there now I'd probably be looking to head to Koh Pha Ngan for the weekend and find a basic beach hut to just crash, eat Thai seafood and do a spot of snorkelling. The one I never did that I always meant to was the Philippines - Boracay was supposed to be a good one to do.

BTW don't dismiss Bangkok as a destination. It's is a fantastic city. It's not all Khao San Rd and Pattaya. If you want to experience high end living it's probably the best value destination in the world to do so. It's not just sleazy ping-pong bars as there are some amazing bars from open top bars 50+ floors up to stylish clubs that are packed full of models. It's the best place in the world to eat Thai food (itself a reason to go) and somewhere like the Peninsula is genuinely one of the best hotels in the world.

Awesome place - totally peaceful and clean, full of Scandi's, the odd German and very few Brits. Have spent two full days chilling on a near deserted beach. Flying back to HK tomorrow then working in Singspore Wed to Fri which is a bit bloody stupid seeing as that would have been an hour from Bangkok. Nice 3 hour taxi to start my journey after breakfast tomorrow morning. Still at least I'm on an Emirates 380 airbus. Dubai/Bangkok/HK. They don't win awards for nothing

Ha ha. Couldn't be further from the truth. This is where the Thai royal family spend their summer retreat. Deliberately picked this place to get away and totally de-stress. If I wanted that ****, which I don't, I have it on my doorstep a mere 5 mins walk from the office. Having said that Thai girls rank right at the top of the Asian beauty list.

Back