• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
With Grant gone, our 'longest serving player' stat is going to be quite unique in its lowness isnt it?

Who is it anyways? I'm guessing Clohessey with around 90 appearances?

You are right about Clohessy but it's 107 appearances in league, FA Cup, League Cup and JP trophy. Hall is next on 102 then Barker with about 100.

Longest serving player doesn't go by first team appearances, it's length of time spent at the club.

You know what I mean! :raspberry: (or rather I knew what I meant! - Appearances).

But either way, we must be pretty much the only club where the most appeared player is someone with just over 100 games?

Anyways, doesnt matter - I'm just bored.

But either way, we must be pretty much the only club where the most appeared player is someone with just over 100 games?

Anyways, doesnt matter - I'm just bored.

You might be right but there's huge turnover of players at lower league clubs every summer these days. We're not the only ones, although obviously the summer of 2010 was exceptional circumstances. Few players outside the Premier League stars stay at a club for more than 3/4 seasons nowadays.

Last season, the players we had in our team had played more times for Plymouth than most of the Plymouth squad added together... or something like that. I know they had a really inexperienced side.

That was almost certainly the case with Bournemouth and us last season as well. Possibly Dagenham as well, purely with Maher.

Last season, the players we had in our team had played more times for Plymouth than most of the Plymouth squad added together... or something like that. I know they had a really inexperienced side.

And during the first half at least they were clearly the better side in that match at Roots Hall last September(certainly in terms of chances missed).

And during the first half at least they were clearly the better side in that match at Roots Hall last September(certainly in terms of chances missed).

A quick look at the league table suggests that they were clearly not the better side over the course of the season which is all that really matters.

:hilarious: What are you on about. Weren't we the better side (certainly in terms of chances scored):dim:

Back