• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I had the pleasure of sitting 2 seats away from a very nice gentleman that said he had been watching Southend for about 70 Years. 70 Years, can you imagine that? He's seen it all, the ups and downs, the good and bad times. And he's still coming to games when he can, I think from Maldon. Absolutely superb. God bless him.
Is there anyone that you know that you would like to mention, that has been watching Southend for over 65 Years?

I wonder who is the longest serving supporter, still going to games.

I first started watching Southend United at the old Greyhound Stadium in 1947.So not quiet 70 years.But have only missed 4 home matches. That was when I could'nt get home when doing my National Service in the RAF

I first started watching Southend United at the old Greyhound Stadium in 1947.So not quiet 70 years.But have only missed 4 home matches. That was when I could'nt get home when doing my National Service in the RAF

Great effort, well done. What was the last game you missed?

Fantastic effort Mr Blue - question, has the nature of Southend United fans changed in all your years ?

WOW. That's superb MR BLUE. :Worthy: :loyalsupporter: It must have been absolutely brilliant to watch the first game at Roots Hall.

Fantastic effort Mr Blue - question, has the nature of Southend United fans changed in all your years ?
As with every football club Southend United fans have changed over the years Perhaps its me getting old but far more youngsters are supporting Southend United which can only be good for the club also many more ladies or should i call them females are now attending matches now

I can't quite match your attendance record but my father first took me to Grainger Road when I was 7 (also in 1947) and I've been a regular ever since. I missed a fair number of games in the early 1960's when I was spending weekends at my then girl friend's family home in Northampton but marrying her and her moving to Southend sorted that out! I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and my 2 sons and 2 grandsons are also season ticket holders.

That is quite incredible

I applaud both your service to your country and more so your commitment to our club... May you have many more years .... You have the patience of a saint......

I had the pleasure of sitting 2 seats away from a very nice gentleman that said he had been watching Southend for about 70 Years. 70 Years, can you imagine that? He's seen it all, the ups and downs, the good and bad times. And he's still coming to games when he can, I think from Maldon. Absolutely superb. God bless him.
Is there anyone that you know that you would like to mention, that has been watching Southend for over 65 Years?

I wonder who is the longest serving supporter, still going to games.
the club should write an article in the programme of this brave man !!!!!!

That is dedication for you, very impressed

I guess you would have lost count in terms of how many games you have watched, but I'd be interested to know which game stands out, or who your favourite player has been since 1947 :smile:

Last edited:
the club should write an article in the programme of this brave man !!!!!!

Totally agree.
I would also be a lovely gesture by the club to also acknowledge. Nothing grand as often people don't want that but I think this is a great opportunity for the club too

"VERY WELL DONE MR BLUE I SALUTE YOU". I myself have only been going 54 years but there is a chap who sits near me in the East Stand who has had a Season Ticket every year since 1962-63.

My dad is 86 and he is still braving it every other week at the Hall. Not sure the age he started going but I'm sure he was at the old Stadium, Grainger road.

Nobbler,must be one of the longest/famous Southend fans!!!
And the "bloke" still looks like he did in the 60s.....:Worthy:

I am 68 and Dad took me to games as a toddler, and I have vague memories of early Roots Hall games. Remember the Man City cup game in the 50's but left Southend in mid 1970's to exile in North Wales.
Remember so many games, but the main thing is, my support has never waned in all those years.
Proud that my son, despite being born in Chester soon converted to a Southend supporter after watching Brett Angel at Stockport.
Sadly I don't get to Roots Hall that often but regularly travel to away games. Always proud to let others know who I support, sometimes incurring poor jokes but often admiration.
My impression of fans is a lot of youngsters wanting instant success, but many of them knowledgable and well behaved, a credit to the club.
Great memories of Bill Garner, Bestie, Collymore, spud Taylor etc, too many to mention. Managers coming and going along with chairmen. Still excited at wins, content with draws and moody when we lose, and long may it continue.:happy:

Back