• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Longest Time without a drink since 18

Ulysses

Manager
I'm abstaining from Alcohol for a month as i need to lose a few pounds. Until now i'm pretty sure my longest dry spell in 21 years (39 now) is about 5 days. Whats everyone elses?

Around three weeks; between my stag do and a couple of days before my wedding.

Often think about canning it for a month, but there's always something going on. And I like it too much anyway.

About 8 months, and I still need to lose weight !

Last time I was over the limit was July, before that was my Christmas meal the December before.

Ive had a few cans of Guiness over the last couple of months, never more than 1 in any one evening though.

You may be able to tell Im no longer classed as a drinker :smile:

A few months I think, went on medication and couldn't drink any alcohol.

I'm coming up to 10 years without any booze now - I gave up when I became a running addict - I can't run much these days but still don't drink.

I went about 6 months I think earlier last year. I still rarely drink these days.

Think when I was 19 just before I started Uni I went about 5 months without drinking, saved loads of money which I spent on drinking at Uni.

I'm on my 6th day now, not that I believe in dryathlon or anything tosh like that, I just haven't done much so far this month and am trying to cut out the unnecessary 'odd one or two here and there'. The run will end for sure on Saturday when I go for a curry so that will be 10 days.

I reckon that will be my longest run for at least ten years, excluding for medical reasons. Had two weeks in October post-appendectomy.

I have few other vices in my life so, in moderation (sort of), I have no urge to stop entirely! Live for now.

I have been a non alcohol drinker a few times, in my 20s for about 18 months after a fractured skull and a few other nasties. I gave up like others do, when I started training and running a few marathons in my 40s and then in my early 50s just could n't drink alcohol for a while as it made me Ill even in small quantities: I think it was all stress related but now, 4/5 jobs later I can supp again but don't want to get wasted ever again and only want to have either quality proper beer, good wine or proper single malt.:facepalm:

I have been a non alcohol drinker a few times, in my 20s for about 18 months after a fractured skull and a few other nasties. I gave up like others do, when I started training and running a few marathons in my 40s and then in my early 50s just could n't drink alcohol for a while as it made me Ill even in small quantities: I think it was all stress related but now, 4/5 jobs later I can supp again but don't want to get wasted ever again and only want to have either quality proper beer, good wine or proper single malt.:facepalm:
What about a chilled WKD blue?

Not really seeing as i dont like the stuff.

Does anyone ?

Even when I drank if I was thirsty andwanted a nice tasting drink I wouldnt have chosen a beer.

I know some people like the taste of wine, I dont get it personally, tastes horrible to me.

Maybe thats one reason Im 99% teetotal, I only used to drink to get the effects, now Im not bothered about getting merry anymore I dont bother drinking at all.

Back