• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking ahead for this season and next

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
It's unimaginable that just a few weeks ago we were comfortably in the play offs and looking forward to a difficult run of fixtures to cement our place in the play offs.

Fast forward and 7 games later the play off dream is in tatters and the season is effectively over following a club equalling 7 straight defeats.

It's now clear that the players have run out of steam, the management have not had the opportunities of other managers to be able to bring in reinforcements and it's derailed the season.

As others have alluded to, the youngsters out on loan need to come back now to see where they are at in terms of progression. They will certainly welcome the opportunity, coming with enthusiasm.

As for the current squad. There are probably around 5 or 6 players that are good enough to be in a promotion chasing team.

This close of season will likely echo the season Paul Sturrock took over. I can see so many players jumping ship or being released.

I am starting to get massively worried now about the very existence of the club.

If ever a club needed the pick me up that a new owner would bring, then SUFC is surely that club.

If we don't get a new owner and go into next season with Ron as owner, then I genuinely fear expulsion from the league. He literally has no money and has no access to any funds at all. We would likely remain under an embargo going into the new season with barely enough players to field a match day squad. This could and likely would see the national league expell us, and rightly so, from the league.

If that happens, then SUFC would likely never recover.

The support that this club has is phenomenal. But that means very little if the club is being decimated from above.

The next couple of months are without a doubt the biggest in the history of the club.

Totally agree with @Tommy2holes and having read those responses from Ron in the ST interview I fear the worst. Ron is selling nothing more than an opportunity and the only value I see in our club is the good will of its supporters.

The chances of finding a potential new owner for the club before the start of next season is almost zero, the DD alone could take months and months due to Ron’s complex business dealings.

I think Ron may well put our club into administration and blame it all on the lack of pre season, season ticket sales.

Can’t believe I’m even writing this. So f..king angry.

It's unimaginable that just a few weeks ago we were comfortably in the play offs and looking forward to a difficult run of fixtures to cement our place in the play offs.

Fast forward and 7 games later the play off dream is in tatters and the season is effectively over following a club equalling 7 straight defeats.

It's now clear that the players have run out of steam, the management have not had the opportunities of other managers to be able to bring in reinforcements and it's derailed the season.

As others have alluded to, the youngsters out on loan need to come back now to see where they are at in terms of progression. They will certainly welcome the opportunity, coming with enthusiasm.

As for the current squad. There are probably around 5 or 6 players that are good enough to be in a promotion chasing team.

This close of season will likely echo the season Paul Sturrock took over. I can see so many players jumping ship or being released.

I am starting to get massively worried now about the very existence of the club.

If ever a club needed the pick me up that a new owner would bring, then SUFC is surely that club.

If we don't get a new owner and go into next season with Ron as owner, then I genuinely fear expulsion from the league. He literally has no money and has no access to any funds at all. We would likely remain under an embargo going into the new season with barely enough players to field a match day squad. This could and likely would see the national league expell us, and rightly so, from the league.

If that happens, then SUFC would likely never recover.

The support that this club has is phenomenal. But that means very little if the club is being decimated from above.

The next couple of months are without a doubt the biggest in the history of the club.
Worried about the existence of the club? U got your wish and Ron's selling up.

Totally agree with @Tommy2holes and having read those responses from Ron in the ST interview I fear the worst. Ron is selling nothing more than an opportunity and the only value I see in our club is the good will of its supporters.

The chances of finding a potential new owner for the club before the start of next season is almost zero, the DD alone could take months and months due to Ron’s complex business dealings.

I think Ron may well put our club into administration and blame it all on the lack of pre season, season ticket sales.

Can’t believe I’m even writing this. So f..king angry.

That's how I see it. I can honestly see Ron putting us in administration and with that comes points deduction at best or expulsion at worst.

Ron has no money and fans are taking a rightful stand.

Something has to give.

Rons got money to build 1000 flats but not staff wages. It’s almost comical at this point

He isn't paying a penny as far as I know. Its all part of the deal. He provides the land and he gets x amount of apartments and the 3 sided stadium.

He isn't paying a penny as far as I know. Its all part of the deal. He provides the land and he gets x amount of apartments and the 3 sided stadium.
??? Sorry I’m confused here. Who’s building the flats and stadium and why are they doing it free of charge?

I am concerned too. The longer he takes to sale, the more likely we'll be fighting at the wrong end of the table next season.

I am concerned too. The longer he takes to sale, the more likely we'll be fighting at the wrong end of the table next season.
i think most would be happy with that than no club at all, however, thats not the place we should be....

I’m concerned as you are shrimper my biggest concern is as things stand will the club ( team ) be around to put up a fight next season, should Ron find a buyer the legal side of things will take months and I can’t imagine chairman Ron is the easiest person in the business world to deal with,

I’m concerned as you are shrimper my biggest concern is as things stand will the club ( team ) be around to put up a fight next season, should Ron find a buyer the legal side of things will take months and I can’t imagine chairman Ron is the easiest person in the business world to deal with,
Last season our only aim was to stay up, this season I think our aim was mid-table and I predicted a 10th place finish. Next season I think our aim is again to just stay up, I can't imagine any more than that right now, although things could change of course. We over achieved for much of this season but its now proved too much for us.

Come the end of next season the biggest result will still to have a Southend United existing. I can't see much of a budget and I can't see a queue of decent players waiting to sign for us, not the right one's at least.

We could get rid of a lot of players this summer who aren't really good enough but my fear is we won't be able to improve the standard of new signings.

We'll be in a embargo again (once we're out of this one) and we'll no doubt be being wound up by someone. Do I trust Ron to be in charge even if it's just for another 6 months, like hell I don't. I don't even have much faith in him selling the club, I think it will be too painful for anyone to have to negotiate with him. I can only imagine that being a horrendous task for anyone dealing with someone so deluded as Ron.

We really need to understand the difference between the funding of the development and the football club.

The development, with joint developers son of Ron and the billionaire Dellals, raises its own funds from a range of sources and funding such developments, especially if supported by the Dellals companies, and SCC as a partner, is very unlikely to be an issue. BUT these funds can ONLY be used for the development. The only funds relating to the development that flow to Ron is for the land he owns as and when development starts on that land. Currently nothing has come to Ron as the stadium phase has not started.

Given the above its absurd at this point to say Ron has the money to build 1000 flats but nothing for the club. It is equally absurd to suggests Fossets won't happen because Ron has no money. Again for the reasons above.

I have no doubt despite this being explained once more it will do nothing to stop the posting of "alternative facts" that better suit whatever people want to believe.

That's how I see it. I can honestly see Ron putting us in administration and with that comes points deduction at best or expulsion at worst.

Ron has no money and fans are taking a rightful stand.

Something has to give.
Rubbish and negative! People who buy football clubs have deep pockets.Ron is selling a well known established football club with history.All that is worth somthing to a buyer and they will pay whatever it costs to buy the club and Ron's 3 sided stadium.If someone wants the club they will pay,not because its worth it but just because they can! Money talks and negative fans bulls..t walks!!

Rubbish and negative! People who buy football clubs have deep pockets.Ron is selling a well known established football club with history.All that is worth somthing to a buyer and they will pay whatever it costs to buy the club and Ron's 3 sided stadium.If someone wants the club they will pay,not because its worth it but just because they can! Money talks and negative fans bulls..t walks!!

Hi Steve.

I can see that you are someone that likes to overlook the obvious.

Feel free to remain blindly optimistic

I think we have to be realistic.

When we played Barnet and Boreham, wins would have all but surely cemented a play off place. But without strengthening as all the other clubs did, we would not have got past a likely Notts County or Wrexham in the final. Without the said strengthening, its not a surprise we did lose to those clubs, but it's extremely disappointing that we could not register a goal, let alone a win, against a shockingly bad Dorking defense.

It seems having missed out on the momentum of the play offs, the players have settled for mid table or lower as the final placings, which is very disappointing. Where is their pride? Or has even that run out? Worrying times ahead indeed and not expecting anything different next season...

We really need to understand the difference between the funding of the development and the football club.

The development, with joint developers son of Ron and the billionaire Dellals, raises its own funds from a range of sources and funding such developments, especially if supported by the Dellals companies, and SCC as a partner, is very unlikely to be an issue. BUT these funds can ONLY be used for the development. The only funds relating to the development that flow to Ron is for the land he owns as and when development starts on that land. Currently nothing has come to Ron as the stadium phase has not started.

Given the above its absurd at this point to say Ron has the money to build 1000 flats but nothing for the club. It is equally absurd to suggests Fossets won't happen because Ron has no money. Again for the reasons above.

I have no doubt despite this being explained once more it will do nothing to stop the posting of "alternative facts" that better suit whatever people want to believe.
I'm so glad you posted this. I have been wanting to post something similar but, quite frankly, couldn't be bothered because I felt I'd be wasting my time where some people are concerned.

Can someone with relevant knowledge inform me please.
If we were put into administration and administrators tasked with trying to find a buyer. Is RM excluded from those dealings.? Would administration take him out of the equasion?

Back