• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking for a Southend supporter - East stand

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Have stayed in touch with the Colchester supporter, Tom Leggett, who did a sponsored run to our Club before - I think - our last competitive league match with them at Roots Hall.

He was raising funds for his little boy, Alfie, who has Norrie disease, and was absolutely blown away by the support he got from our fans during his fund raising. Alfie started school this year and is really enjoying it.

We're hoping that the fixture list will be kind as he has always wanted to bring Alfie down, and to thank us in person. There is one lady that he would particularly like to meet up with again, the lady in this photo. He says she said some amazingly kind and wonderful words of encouragement to him, and he's never forgotten her.

I am guessing this would have been in the East stand near to him as @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset is in the background of the original, to the left, but if anyone can help identify her, I'd love to put her in touch with Tom.

Tom.jpg

Last edited:
Have stayed in touch with the Colchester supporter, Tom Leggett, who did a sponsored run to our Club before - I think - our last competitive league match with them at Roots Hall.

He was raising funds for his little boy, Alfie, who has Norrie disease, and was absolutely blown away by the support he got from our fans during his fund raising. Alfie started school this year and is really enjoying it.

We're hoping that the fixture list will be kind as he has always wanted to bring Alfie down, and to thank us in person. There is one lady that he would particularly like to meet up with again, the lady in this photo. He says she said some amazingly kind and wonderful words of encouragement to him, and he's never forgotten her.

I am guessing this would have been in the East stand near to him as @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset is in the background of the original, to the left, but if anyone can help identify her, I'd love to put her in touch with Tom.

View attachment 12324
Top man Tommy. I met up with him in Maldon that day and ran with him as far as Rettendon to give him a bit of company and some support.

We think we've found her via Twitter, so all is well. Just got to hope the fixture list is kind to us now.

OBL you wont find any there at this time due to covid and no matches being played , but im sure when the season resumes and supporters allowed to attend there will be one or two Southend supporters in the East Stand .:Smile::Happy:

Back