• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking on the Dark side

stewart

Striker
Things are going so bad and seem to me to be getting worse .If the embargo is not lifted at the club is put into receivership because of unpaid debts to the tax man and RH boarded up .God willing this never happens . Who would you suggest when a new club is formed we should ground share with ,GWR, Billericay ,Hornchurch Pitsea and Bowers. Such dark times for you all, RM has been so fortunate to have such decent support over the years.I HOPE THIS NEVER HAPPENS but after the past few seasons im beginning to think perhaps RM has had enough and just wants to get some of his outlay back via housing on RH and FF. and this being the only way he is able to do that .

The reason Manor wont get anywhere is the council own the ground and rip Manor off as it is.

Back to the days of uncle Vic and his plan B......Basildon?
Yes could very well come true !

Why have one home ground. We should play all over Essex, with villages and towns fighting for the right to host the mighty non league franchise of AFC Southend.

Only if we have a different manager for each game

I thought we were signing Darth Vader as a CB.

Now you mention it Ron has started to remind me of Emperor Palpatine.
Starts of all benevolent, sweetness & light making promises of a better world, then as time goes on you see the truth unfold.
His sinister side emerges & his Empire becomes a horrific dystopia with little hope for the future..

Last edited:
Only if we have a different manager for each game

Well I would allow a winning manger to stay for the next game. But only if we won by 2 clear goals in an attacking and exciting way.
We wont suffer any of those fools who know how to defend a set pieces and take pride in the delivery of our own ones....We certainly don't need the sort who can win 1-0. They would only sign players who can do that....Thats the last thing I want to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: GBJ
Saw a piece about Bury on BBC news a the weekend that made me really think if it.

I'd probably follow results of a Phoenix team but to me there is only one Southend United. Don't think i could follow another team to call my own. Would be like moving across the country and then becoming an Exeter supporter or similar

Even in the Essex Senior League if 'we' started well we'd probably get crowds of around 2500 home and away (because lets face it an away game in the ESL is never going to be far..), with the capacity to attract a lot more. So it would have to be a ground that could probably hold around 5k. Maybe Billericay Town? Not a bad little ground nowadays, think it can seat around 2000 as well.

Saw a piece about Bury on BBC news a the weekend that made me really think if it.

I'd probably follow results of a Phoenix team but to me there is only one Southend United. Don't think i could follow another team to call my own. Would be like moving across the country and then becoming an Exeter supporter or similar
I saw that too.....Made me think that Ox must be kept in the team for his punching ability...and I dont mean from crosses. More for his run outs to confront and flatten the opposition when it kicks off!! haha

Back