• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking up the table

ChicagoShrimper

Youth Team
Although Wealdstone won today to overtake us, Barnet and Altringham lost and are gradually being hauled back into the relegation fight. Assuming Southend win our January matches against the bottom clubs and our games in hand there could be a number of teams between us and the drop.

Although Wealdstone won today to overtake us, Barnet and Altringham lost and are gradually being hauled back into the relegation fight. Assuming Southend win our January matches against the bottom clubs and our games in hand there could be a number of teams between us and the drop.
Dover and King's Lynn are gone and I don't think Weymouth have enough either

I think we are already safe but the more points we can get on the board the better. It will breed confidence and give Kev a good idea of who he wants next season and what positions he needs to fill

Last edited:
if we start the first week in February 10 points clear of bottom 3, then I am half way confident we will be safe!

Then I can cheer Oldham & SCunthrope to pull Colchester down!

The further up the table we go the better the prize money at the end of the season. Unless it only applies to the premier League. Knowing our luck it won't apply to non league.

Last edited:
Here’s a long shot. There may be an extra promotion place from the national league and therefore a playoff place one below the current cut-off. This is because Derby are at serious risk of being expelled from the EFL. We’ve some way to go, but never say never.

Dover and King's Lynn are gone and I don't think Weymouth have enough either

I think we are already safe but the more points we can get on the board the better. It will breed confidence and give Kev a good idea of who he wants next season and what positions he needs to fill
Wow already safe? Very bold words imo. 3 or 4 long term injuries and as seen today we are nowhere near good enough.

I wont feel safe till its a mathematical certainty after our recent history.

You're right ... It won't take too much to stay out of the bottom 3 and that's exactly what all the club's around us will be saying.

Kings Lynn and Dover will be looking at us as a beatable team.

If we drop more than 4 points from the next 3 games, we are well and truly in a relegation dog fight. And 2 wins on the bounce doesn't change that. We are down here for a reason and the squad hasn't improved, aside from a way better coaching team.

Hate to say it, but we can still go down

Realistically Dover are down, they haven't won all season and could be relegated mathematically next month

King's Lynn and Weymouth are just holding on so right now there are two spots available, we are seven points clear so if we are still in danger I would say anyone 6 points above us is still at risk which is 14th and that is probably the highest we can finish this season.

We still have 69 (teehee) points to play for this season so everything is still in our hands.

if we start the first week in February 10 points clear of bottom 3, then I am half way confident we will be safe!

Then I can cheer Oldham & SCunthrope to pull Colchester down!
Personally I hope Colchester stay well clear of relegation to the NL.

Firstly, I wouldn’t wish being in this league on my worst enemy given how tough it is.

Secondly, why would we want them to come down and then potentially get out before we do. We don’t need that distraction. They are in League Two and long may that continue!

Thirdly, I couldn’t care less about all these so called local rivalries. Colchester, Orient and D&R this season. They are only rivalries because their fans hate us. I personally couldn’t care less about these clubs, and I know a lot of other Southend fans who feel exactly the same! Just to round this point off, post the Aldershot game I was told by a group of their fans that we were “rivals”, something I had never heard before. Apparently they consider it to be the case. Anyone on here hate Aldershot??

On the topic though, I think 2 wins and a draw in the next three will be huge and we can hopefully start thinking about finishing in positions above where we currently are rather than looking down. The one issue we have is the squad remains weak once injuries happen, especially in the midfield. Lose Neal and Atkinson and below them is a real drop off in quality.

Firstly, I wouldn’t wish being in this league on my worst enemy given how tough it is.

Secondly, why would we want them to come down and then potentially get out before we do. We don’t need that distraction. They are in League Two and long may that continue!

Thirdly, I couldn’t care less about all these so called local rivalries. Colchester, Orient and D&R this season. They are only rivalries because their fans hate us. I personally couldn’t care less about these clubs, and I know a lot of other Southend fans who feel exactly the same! Just to round this point off, post the Aldershot game I was told by a group of their fans that we were “rivals”, something I had never heard before. Apparently they consider it to be the case. Anyone on here hate Aldershot??
Blimey, April Fools Day seems to come around earlier every year ?

Here’s a long shot. There may be an extra promotion place from the national league and therefore a playoff place one below the current cut-off. This is because Derby are at serious risk of being expelled from the EFL. We’ve some way to go, but never say never.
There won't be an extra promotion spot

Firstly, I wouldn’t wish being in this league on my worst enemy given how tough it is
Yeah I am sure all the Col Ewe fans were thinking exactly the same last season about us ?????

I would love it if they got relegated, nothing would give me greater joy

I'd never wish for Colchester to go bust, but I'd love to see them get relegated. It's part of football, it part of the rivalry.

But as for Aldershot... I'm not a fan lol

Back