• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuart W

A word to the wise is enough
If you break our season down into quarters (4 lots of 9 games), we have taken 16, 25, 11 and 12 points in these spells. If you take out the "freaky" spell of 25 points, it still means that we are averaging 13 points per 9 games. If we get a further 13 points in the next 9 plus a win in match 46 (versus Macclesfield), that gives us 80 points - far too many for the likes of Gillingham to catch us, but unlikely to trouble Shrewsbury (with their home record), and Crawley (must come out of their trough soon, plus they have only got Gillingham to play of the top sides).

My prediction? 2 legged play-off versus Oxford United, and then who knows???

I believe this stat is correct I posted somewhere else;

We are 16 points off 80 which will see us promoted!

Our last 10 games;
30 points available - 12 points won
10 games left - 16 points needed

Only one more win and a draw added to the last 10 games points total! That form still isn't that good is it?

When you say it like that it doesn't seem so far away! Doesn't to me anyway!

I don't think you can think in finites like that Stu

Swindon are roaring and will deservedly win the league, Shrews don't look like letting up so will also clinch automatic IMO

That leaves 1 from 6 for the autos though realistically Oxford or Gillingham will have to go on a Swindon-esque run to challenge

in the words of Sir Alex, its squeaky bum time

I believe this stat is correct I posted somewhere else;

We are 16 points off 80 which will see us promoted!

Our last 10 games;
30 points available - 12 points won
10 games left - 16 points needed

Only one more win and a draw added to the last 10 games points total! That form still isn't that good is it?

When you say it like that it doesn't seem so far away! Doesn't to me anyway!

We agree on getting to 80 points, but I just can't see that being enough this season for automatic - this season League 2 has a touch of the Premier League about it - a cluster at the top, a mediocre middle and some poor sides at the bottom. And like the PL someone with a shedload of points will miss out!!

We agree on getting to 80 points, but I just can't see that being enough this season for automatic - this season League 2 has a touch of the Premier League about it - a cluster at the top, a mediocre middle and some poor sides at the bottom. And like the PL someone with a shedload of points will miss out!!

Let's hope it is! It could even be less you know! Look how poor everyone's form has been!

Please blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However we are still in the top 3 and games are running out. Our form is irrelevant unless the teams around us start putting a run together because apart from Swindon and an 8 consecutive win streak from Torquay, non of our other rivals have performed since Christmas. People have been saying for weeks that we won't get automatic but we are still there with less games left. I have a feeling that maybe 78 points will be enough to sneak 3rd place. Meaning 5 wins from our last 10 could do it especially if 2 of those are against Cheltenham and Torquay.

If only football were as straightforward as maths. Take one game at a time, concentrate on ourselves, every game's a cup final etc...

I think you have answered it yourself...surely the application of actual trends to forecast future results is more valid than basing your prognosis on flippant cliches such as those you quoted.

Shrimpboy has a point. I've always said focus on what YOU/WE do and make sure WE get to where we want to be. And to take one match at a time. For me that's all one can do.

Totally. The renewed air of brotherly love thrills me beyond measure; win, lose or draw.

There's no need for the sarcasm is there ?? .. to be honest i don't give a monkeys if they hate each other or shag each other as long as they put a shift in

For me this whole Mohsni business is a joke and the club are not helping one jot by being so indecisive (in public at least)

Play-Offs is as good as our ticket to another year in League Two. We've no chance of beating other teams in the play-off positions. At no point did we look threatening against Crawley on Monday night, and that seems to be a recurring theme against teams arounds us which is showing no signs of breaking sequence.

I dont think this "80 points" idea is an exact science either, especially this season!

PS is just going to have the lads concentrating on what we need to do game after game. Forget about everyone else. Swindon have really stepped up and dont appear as though they will be caught, us, cheltenham and crawley all dropping points.

It could go to the wire but I do predict;

1. Swindon
2. Southend
3. Shrewesbury
Leave the rest to fight it out

We have been playing (bar the odd game) like a mid table side all season..I still cannot fathom out how we are in the top 3..but if we do scrape into the play-offs I just cant see us beating another top side and IMO we do not really deserve to go up anyway on the displays shown this season.

You're all pesermists! We're still third for Christ's sake.

Yes a win yesterday would have been great, all the teams around us are dropping points and we're still in an automatic promotion spot, so keep the dream alive that we're going to get that automatic promotion.

I think most people on here would only be happy with mid-table obscurity! Nothing to whinge about.

We support Southend and it's a rocky ride, if we don't get automatic promotion the world doesn't stop, we just pick ourselves up and wait for the next season with hope in our hearts.

I believe that if we can get 9 points from the next 4 games against Hereford, Aldershot, Bristol and Cheltenham, which I think is easily achievable, then we will be in a very strong position for automatic promotion!

It's amusing reading this thread to see that all football fans are the same about their club, sometimes fickle and ever pessimistic !

You have to look at other club's run in's too. Cheltenham's next 4 games are Pikeys (H), Shrews (A), Pox (H) and away to you lot. This season has a long way to go yet.

For what it's worth, I think you'll finish 3rd behind Shrews and Torquay will beat Crawley at Wembley causing Steve Evans to throw a massive tandrum.

Back