• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Ratboy managed to lose his season ticket sometime between the end of the Shrewsbury game and today. So I sent him down the club shop to get a replacement. Whilst they gave him a ticket for tomorrow they said a replacement card would cost.... wait for it.... wait for it.... THIRTY QUID

THIRTY QUID. What the actual ****!!!

I thought this must surely someone having a laugh, so as I was getting my Luton and Mansfield tickets, I asked for a replacement card and was told the same thing. Clearly I am not paying £30 for a piece of card that costs no more than £2.30

Now, I know, because the ticket office messed my season ticket up at the beginning of the season (and I've coded plenty of smart cards in my time) and produced two brand new ones in a matter of minutes that the process of replacing these things is quick, simple and more importantly doesn't cost a bean.

So how do you justify £30. A £5 admin fee, fine, but £30. Utter rip off.

Matter is in the hands of Steve Kavanagh.

If you had said it had been stolen it would have been replaced free of charge

Last edited:
Its an incentive to stop people losing them.

A tenner would do a similar effect though Im sure.

Ratboy managed to lose his season ticket sometime between the end of the Shrewsbury game and today. So I sent him down the club shop to get a replacement. Whilst they gave him a ticket for tomorrow they said a replacement card would cost.... wait for it.... wait for it.... THIRTY QUID

I thought this must surely someone having a laugh, so as I was getting my Luton and Mansfield tickets, I asked for a replacement card and was told the same thing. Clearly I am not paying £30 for a piece of card that costs no more than £2.30

Now, I know, because the ticket office messed my season ticket up at the beginning of the season (and I've coded plenty of smart cards in my time) and produced two brand new ones in a matter of minutes that the process of replacing these things is quick, simple and more importantly doesn't cost a bean.

Totally agree. I mis-placed my card and could not find it (it later turned up thankfully) and I was told the same thing when I asked about a replacement card when ringing the ticket office. A total **** take asking a loyal fan who has already put his money across for a season ticket to pay £30 for something that as you say, costs virtually nothing for the club to implement.

Sadly yet another example of the contempt that is shown towards us as fans by SUFC.

Disappointing and something I hope the Trust might want to pick up on behalf of the supporters.

The value of the season ticket to both parties is not in the piece of plastic.

If it was me and the club refused to budge, it would absolutely finish my 20+ year relationship as a SUFC season ticket holder.

Disappointing and something I hope the Trust might want to pick up on behalf of the supporters.

If it was me and the club refused to budge, it would absolutely finish my 20+ year relationship as a SUFC season ticket holder.

Good point actually. I too would be totally peeved and it would seriously make me reconsider if I were to be treated like that but, then again this is SUFC

On the subject of season cards, what happened today? In the West season card holders got ushered through a gate? System failure? At least they managed it well.

On the subject of season cards, what happened today? In the West season card holders got ushered through a gate? System failure? At least they managed it well.

Well we certainly got through quicker and they were using a counter for everyone going through

If it's in the terms and conditions then you have to pay it unfortunately ... Don't agree with them then don't sign

If it's in the terms and conditions then you have to pay it unfortunately ... Don't agree with them then don't sign

Okay that is fine, I have no objection to paying an administration fee of a fiver perhaps (the price of a replacement for a lost staff pass in my work) but for Christ's sake. Thirty quid??? As I said before, it is quite simply a ****ing **** take and another example of football fans simply being treated as cash cows.

I think that's the point though isn't it?

In the real world...

Like 97.4% of other humans, I won't be reading season ticket small print on the basis that the club will generally act reasonably.

If the club did later have so much contempt as to enforce something so unjustifiable as unreasonable, I would not be signing in future.

I had the same conversation before over my gym membership card. They quickly realised that, despite their Ts and Cs, an enforced twenty pound fine would have cost them thousands of pounds in the coming years.

They saw sense and hopefully SUFC would too.

I hate people randomly criticising our club for perceived slights and minor wrongs but, if this is true, it's appalling, damaging and unnecessary.

Okay that is fine, I have no objection to paying an administration fee of a fiver perhaps (the price of a replacement for a lost staff pass in my work) but for Christ's sake. Thirty quid??? As I said before, it is quite simply a ****ing **** take and another example of football fans simply being treated as cash cows.

I dont think its intended to fleece fans, more to scare them into not losing it to save them the admin hassle.

That said its a ridiculous amount if they were to enforce it.

Absolutely spot on.

I think that's the point though isn't it?

In the real world...

Like 97.4% of other humans, I won't be reading season ticket small print on the basis that the club will generally act reasonably.

If the club did later have so much contempt as to enforce something so unjustifiable as unreasonable, I would not be signing in future.

I had the same conversation before over my gym membership card. They quickly realised that, despite their Ts and Cs, an enforced twenty pound fine would have cost them thousands of pounds in the coming years.

They saw sense and hopefully SUFC would too.

I hate people randomly criticising our club for perceived slights and minor wrongs but, if this is true, it's really quite appalling.

Totally agree.

The thing is, if I end up paying £30 for a replacement, it will be the £30 I would have spent on an away shirt. And I similarly wont be spending £75 on an SUFC coat for the winter. And I wont be spending any money on stocking fillers in the club shop. And, as I hope Ratboy will be working next year, I wont get a season ticket either.

And I most certainly wont be arranging the annual Refs Xmas Do in an Exec Box this year.

The thing is, if I end up paying £30 for a replacement, it will be the £30 I would have spent on an away shirt. And I similarly wont be spending £75 on an SUFC coat for the winter. And I wont be spending any money on stocking fillers in the club shop. And, as I hope Ratboy will be working next year, I wont get a season ticket either.

And I most certainly wont be arranging the annual Refs Xmas Do in an Exec Box this year.

wow it's really got to you hasn't it? Have to say though, I agree and I'd be the same

Considering the numerous mess ups in the past few years to do with tickets, season cards, and double booking of seats, the ticket office shouldn't fine anyone more than a fiver. Last season when I went down there to collect my tickets, I was asked my name and address and given an envelope. I stupidly trusted the young lad, after all, it's hard to make a mistake and I was the only customer. I got home and was very annoyed to find I had been given someone elses tickets, nothing like my surname and not even living the same area. So I had to travel all the way down there again. Did I or could I fine them? no. Did I get anything for my travel and inconvenience no.

As LF says it is in the hands of Steve Kavanagh then I would suggest there is little more the Trust could do. He is the best placed person to deal with the matter.

Have you actually PAID the £30? I will happily take it up if you wish as I agree that it seems excessive.

Back