• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LOST: The Final Chapter

The sixth and final season of 'Lost' premieres on Sky One tomorrow night, and your humble entertainment correspondent R Shackleford esq was lucky enough to be invited to an advance screening. (Alright, I downloaded it from EZTV after the Tuesday premiere in the US).

I became a huge fan of the show late in the day after watching all five seasons in one sitting whilst suffering from the fabulously overrated swine flu. The final season promises to answer most, but not all of our questions, and I know I'm looking forward to the ride. The premiere 'event' was made up of an hour recap show (which was extremely well done) followed by a two hour episode which follows on directly from Juliet's detonation of the H Bomb.

I'm not going to give anything away, but there were some new faces, as well as some old ones in the opening show, and there were no answers as yet, just more questions. If you're a fan of 'Lost', make sure you tune in, you won't be disappointed.

Only ever watched one episode, from series 5, confused the hell out of me, kept going back and forward in time. Wish I had watched it from the start now, may watch series 6 and see if I can understand it all, though I hate not getting answers. I was glued to the X-Files but there was never any answers there either, really got my goat, but just had to watch anyway.

Love it, seen every episode. Even stuck with it when it lost its way.

Roll on tonight!

Watched it last night. Became even more disillusioned with the show. Pointless.

its a proper head ****, just when you think you have an idea whats going on, something new happens. Great Stuff

Watched it last night. Became even more disillusioned with the show. Pointless.

You expected everything sorted in the first two episodes? It raised more questions than answering them, but it was epic TV. 2hrs seemed like 30 mins, roll on Friday!

You expected everything sorted in the first two episodes? It raised more questions than answering them, but it was epic TV. 2hrs seemed like 30 mins, roll on Friday!
No, I expected a plot that made sense. I'm not a big fan of them hiding behind several prospective plots throughout 5 seasons, 2 of which have been garbage.

SPOILER for those who didn't see last night:

I was Ok with the different island tribes, I was Ok with the scientific stations. I was Ok with the large electromagnet and I was even kind of Ok with them appearing to travel through time.

But, being both On and Off the Island, with the Island underwater when they're off it? No thanks, now it probably means it's some alternate reality/dimension crap that really doesn't sit with me.

No, I expected a plot that made sense. I'm not a big fan of them hiding behind several prospective plots throughout 5 seasons, 2 of which have been garbage.

I was Ok with the different island tribes, I was Ok with the scientific stations. I was Ok with the large electromagnet and I was even kind of Ok with them appearing to travel through time.

But, being both On and Off the Island, with the Island underwater when they're off it? No thanks, now it probably means it's some alternate reality/dimension crap that really doesn't sit with me.

When it comes to Lost you can't assume anything.

You're right. It'll get to the finale and Jack will wake up on the bathroom floor.

I swear no ********, i heard a rumour, that it was all one of the main characters' imagination. They're all patients in a metal hospital or some **** like that. That's what i heard. Probably is a load of old crap though

As MK Shrimper said, I don't think you can assume anything with this show. My theory is that whilst they want you to think that there's two timelines now and two realities that isn't actually the case. The 'alternate' timeline that we're seeing will ultimately be shown to be our glimpse at the future of these characters after whatever occurs in the final episode in 16 weeks time. But with this show, who knows?

As MK Shrimper said, I don't think you can assume anything with this show. My theory is that whilst they want you to think that there's two timelines now and two realities that isn't actually the case. The 'alternate' timeline that we're seeing will ultimately be shown to be our glimpse at the future of these characters after whatever occurs in the final episode in 16 weeks time. But with this show, who knows?

Then why/how are Boone/Hobbit/Locke back alive?

i am sure this will turn out to be about the bible in some way

The most popular theory is that Jacob represents Christ and his adversary, now in the person of Locke, is the devil, and that the island is in fact some form of purgatory. I think there's more to it than that, but wouldn't be surprised if this makes up the core of the final reveal. Matthew Fox has confirmed that it's definitely not going to be a 'just a dream' sickener at the end.

The most popular theory is that Jacob represents Christ and his adversary, now in the person of Locke, is the devil, and that the island is in fact some form of purgatory. I think there's more to it than that, but wouldn't be surprised if this makes up the core of the final reveal. Matthew Fox has confirmed that it's definitely not going to be a 'just a dream' sickener at the end.

I think the two writers confirmed this wasn't the plot quite early on, some time around the end of season 2 I believe.

I think it might have something to with the Earth's magnetic poles, bordering on some of Einstein's theories involving time travel and using magnets to displace objects (Islands) that the Dharma initiative were trying to exploit.

Back