• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lou Reed

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Reports on tweeter that Lou Reed has died. Russsian Market reporting this and he is amazingly good with his information. Also sorry to see that Marcia Wallace of The Simpsons fame has passed away from breast cancer.

RIP Mr Reed. The Velvet Underground & Nico and Transformer are two of the greatest albums ever commited to tape, thank you for the tunes. [video=youtube;qFLw26BjDZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFLw26BjDZs[/video]

Thanks Lou. Sadly missed.

[video=youtube;AwzaifhSw2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzaifhSw2c[/video]

I'm guessing Shrimpero (aka Rob Noxious) is away on his hols.Otherwise I would have expected a comment here.

Hopefully there'll be a tribute radio programme to look forward to soon.

Interestingly ,El Pais here, has been full of tributes over the last few days.Much more heartfelt than anything in the Guardian or Paxman's and Rufus Wainwright's piece on Newsnight last night.

Just heard about this yesterday. Bit of a shock as I didn't know Lou was unwell. One of the greatest lyricists of our time ... and possibly the most curmudgeonly interviewee of all time also. But very loveable with it too. Just thinking about his song 'The Day John Kennedy Died' the other day as I'm conscious of the 50th anniversary coming up soon. Although Lou seemed cold and downright nasty at times, some of his songs demonstrated great compassion, eg. 'I'll Be Your Mirror.' So long to Brooklyn's finest.

as students in the early 70s we played Rock 'n Roll Animal constantly. The best live album in the world.

Plus early Reed solos and VU. Great, great times. A great loss but pretty predictable due to his lifestyle. Actually pretty lucky to reach 71 IMHO.

Back