• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Louis Soares from an Aldershot fan...

shotsbob

Hello, Aldershot fan here.

I was reading your forum after the game yesterday and saw a bit of talk about Louis Soares' debut and whether or not he's any good, so I thought you might appreciate the view of a fan who's been watching him for a few years.

With the best will in the world, I was pleased to see him go. He'd been with us for a number of years but was always one of those players who you're just generally indifferent about - I can honestly say that I never once saw him turn in a man of the match performance in a single game and, while he scored a few goals for us last season, he was never quite the player we thought he should've been.

I remember despairing at his poor work-rate and the fact that he never seemed to chase back much when we lost possession, the fact that he tackles like a girl (if at all) and that he never really looks up for a game. Ever. Maybe that's just his laid-back personality but the effort just didn't seem to be there.

He has a little bit of skill and a little bit of pace, but not really enough of either for a winger.

Best of luck to him but he needs to pull his finger out and put the work in if he's to be of any use to you at all - if he doesn't then he'll just be an occasional substitute for you as he was for us.

Sorry to be negative!

Shotsbob

I've been very underwhelmed by Soares so far, however am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and a few games to prove he's got it.

The problem is he is our only right-footed wideman, if he doesn't play wouldn't we need to bring someone in? Or would we play Zaaboub left and Hall right?

What a shame Scannell left, he'd have ripped L2 to shreds if he could stay fit......

The problem is he is our only right-footed wideman, if he doesn't play wouldn't we need to bring someone in? Or would we play Zaaboub left and Hall right?

What a shame Scannell left, he'd have ripped L2 to shreds if he could stay fit......

Hall's right-footed isn't he?

It's just he prefers cutting in a la Gower.

Soares looked very leggy yesterday as did most of our players after 120 mins on Tuesday. The pitch looked heavy and slow more designed for Aldershots 4-4-2 formation with their elder widemen, Little & Guttridge.

I've only seen Soares the once so this might be a little harsh, but he seems to me like a poor mans Francis Laurent. At least with Laurent you knew his crosses were cack and that he would sometimes beat the same man three times before falling over but you also knew that however poor the game was he would more than often produce at least one piece of majic where he would turn a defender or two and leave them on their arse before sprinting off with the ball at his feet. That to me helped to balance out a disapointing game and at least gave you one memory to go home with a smile on your face. I can't see Soares doing that, but then maybe he might score more goals that Laurent did.

To be fair to Louis he can be a good finisher and will get the odd goal if he gets the games. As for our 'elder' wideman Luke Guttridge, he's only 28! No argument on Glen Little though, fortunately he appears to have the class to compensate for his aged legs :)

Back