• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Louis Walsh moves to Barnet on a permanent deal

I think with Louis it was his lack of consistency that has gone against him. In the few appearances he had he tended to drift in and out of games and didn't always track back.
No doubt he has some potential, but the new SUFC is demanding more than that which can only be a good thing as we look to drive standards up.
All the best Louis.

Cardwell lasts 90 minutes a lot better than Dennis who has been here all season!
Agreed. But what I'm saying is, his press drops off from 75 mins onwards, it's not a criticism, just an observation. I reiterate, it will get even better now he is working in pro football again. It has already got better in the handful of games he has played.

The standard has been set and he is achieving it and will do even more in the weeks to come. Maybe Louis wasn't able to do that.

By
Slowly and surely we are accessing the players we have on the books and releasing those off the payroll we consider aren't what we need.Anticipate more to follow
all part of the much needed clear out the 3 amigos will just have the players they want at the club so happy days ?

Thought he was decent but never had enough game time.But I also think ANG is better and out of the 2 ANG has more chance of playing for us.

Sometimes, when you are bringing in players and you need to release players from the squad, there will be occasions where you have to move on players from their contracts, where there interest from another club to take him on. They may not be your first choice to get out, but it is expensive to pay off contracts.

Last edited:
Shame, as at the club he was regarded as a rough diamond with bags of potential, that would be much better with time, as he had so many things to improve in his game. I expect to hear him tearing up trees in about 2 or 3 seasons. Not now though.

There must be some mistake. They haven't thanked us for the way we have handled transfer negotiations....

It will be interesting to see whether Louis Walsh becomes a good striker at Barnet. Walsh has terrific pace, has a lot of skill, and is quite tall.

Matt Dennis was initially played out wide under PB with little success but clearly has found his niche as a striker with the new management team.

Blistering speed over short-distances, particularly in the opponents' penalty area, is often an attribute of very good goal poachers.

Dean Brennan, the Barnet manager, is no mug. While I am probably wrong, I think he may be tempted to try Walsh as a central striker.

Last edited:
The football department has done well to move several players on, not easy to do for a mid table national league team. Shows the benefit of having good contacts not only to bring players in but release them as well without using the expensive option of paying up contracts like we have done in the past few years.

Nice thought but it helps if there is no window. Barnet are looking over their shoulder at potential relegation.

Players like Kiernan and Cox decided they would play at half pace. They were totally unprofessional towards far less experienced fellow CB's or forwards and the coach. They muscled the club out of money during desperate times after certain people naively thought they would be honourable for their last year.

Anton was a different story and it appeared CP didn't fancy him from the day he arrived and dropped him. Who knows perhaps they had some history.

What was noticeable was under CP's first away win. 1-0 at Peterborough. I remember JW? getting injured with 30 to go and Anton came on and was a model impact captain (even though he wasn't). It was top performance and from then on he never took his beef onto the pitch.....Even under real tough personal circumstances.

Back