• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
I've only been on here for a few years , so relatively new in that respect.
Now I'm sure this has been done before , so forgive me if I'm talking about re-hashing something.

Just thinking it would be good if we had a general 'meet up' to put faces to names.

I was introduced to this site by the late 'Harry Roberts' who I worked with many years ago , but I really don't know too many of you and I'm sure others are in the same boat , so would be good to meet up if others are also keen.

Never going to get a date and time to suit all , but if enough positive feedback , I don't mind trying to organise something locally.

Any advice and comments appreciated

Danny

We use to have these back in the day in the Spread, usually at the end or beginning of a season with a BBQ.

Plus City Shrimpers for those working up in the smoke.

Always good fun and highly recommended. Just a shame that Harry (and Fasto) will no longer be able to attend either:sad:

I've made a lot of very good friends from this site, and met a good number of others as well. The vast majority have been lovely people in real life, and as Yorkie Blue says, the end of season BBQs and the charity fund raisers as well, (how many cakes and puddings have I made???!!!!) have all been a great way to meet up and make contact.

Of course, the best way of doing this originally was the good old much missed (by me, at least!) Live Chat thread - it was a great way to bump your posts up!!!! :hilarious:

Oh, and anyone who was a friend of Harry's, is ok by me! :winking:

Have the Zone considered having a "stall" at meet the blues day? Could do some intros there.......although now I think of it a pub night does sound appealing :smile:

Thanks for the advice all.
i will try to come up with a few dates and a venue and see whether enough people are interested.
be good to put some faces and names to zone names !

Back