• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

love it

I guess this means its impossible for anyone to be arrested for having an England flag in the back of their car!

Firstly - I am proudly going to fly my flag during the World Cup and defend everyone's right to do so. Any talk of this offending anyone is bollocks, flying it is not a political act for the man on the street but purely about supporting the England football team.

However - do we honestly think David Cameron would be flying a St George Cross from his home if he wasn't a politician? No, of course not - he's far too upper class and snooty for that! This is just a shallow, publicity seeking, vote grabbing exercise. If he was a genuine football fan who chose to do it in support of the England football team then I'd applaud it, but it isn't so I think it's a joke. This isn't a party political thing either, there's plenty of Labourites who would do a similarly shallow thing in public but never do it from their own Islington home.

A large part of this is the media. It appears that football has become so omnipresent that everyone in the public eye has to be a football fan and express an opinion on it. I actually have far more respect for people who are honest and say "actually I'm not a fan" rather than fake enthusiasm for the game - sadly however they are a minority.

Firstly - I am proudly going to fly my flag during the World Cup and defend everyone's right to do so. Any talk of this offending anyone is bollocks, flying it is not a political act for the man on the street but purely about supporting the England football team.

However - do we honestly think David Cameron would be flying a St George Cross from his home if he wasn't a politician? No, of course not - he's far too upper class and snooty for that! This is just a shallow, publicity seeking, vote grabbing exercise. If he was a genuine football fan who chose to do it in support of the England football team then I'd applaud it, but it isn't so I think it's a joke. This isn't a party political thing either, there's plenty of Labourites who would do a similarly shallow thing in public but never do it from their own Islington home.

A large part of this is the media. It appears that football has become so omnipresent that everyone in the public eye has to be a football fan and express an opinion on it. I actually have far more respect for people who are honest and say "actually I'm not a fan" rather than fake enthusiasm for the game - sadly however they are a minority.

I reserve judgement until the time comes he leads 'chair throwing' in the House of Commons...
6ff8892f2c8e4eec39fedb561a7df59c.jpg

;)

Back