• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I do enjoy the show, although I'm yet to see a contestant on there I'd like to drinking with.

Again, Anne Miller the QI Elf. Just don't tell the missus.....think of the naughty fun you could get upto with homonyms :winking: Racy stuff my friend.

Never thought I would see my Dad post in the pub section.

We watch tipping point too and I am constantly amazed by how think the contestants are. I am convinced I could make the final with no effort at all.

So imagine DTS does reach the final of Tipping Point:

Ben Shephard to Dave "well Dave if you were to win the £10,000 what would you do with the money?"

Dave to Ben "Well Ben £10,000 is a lot of money but have you ever thought how much your wife and kids would need if anything was to happen to you? Have you got enough life insurance" "yes eh No I'm not sure says Ben".

"Could you wife afford the mortgage?" David discreetly hands him his card, "If not Dave the Shrimper Wealth Management Ltd could do her a really good deal" Ben looks confused but Dave is relentless "if you have any odd thousands knocking around in loose change DTSWM Ltd could really make it work for you".

Dave's brain is working overtime over the deals he can do and performs badly in the final but decides to gamble on swopping the money for three last counters and gets it wrong and leaves with :thump:absolutely nothing

Congrats. You spotted a typo. How ironic.

Thanks for point out.

It was indeed ironic since you were talking about intelligence and got the word "thick" wrong. It made me laugh.

So I phone up Who Wants To Be A Millionaire about 15 years ago. I get past the first bit, ABCD question, get past the second much harder bit, ABCD question. Then get a phone call along with 100 others about a week later. They grill me for about 15 minutes, make sure I'm not a wanted criminal or of a shady past or with a prison history.
Then they ask the killer question. It's one you have to have a guess, unless lucky enough to know it. After the last word of the question you have ten seconds exactly, if you go 11 seconds no answer you are out. That ten seconds goes so fast as you don't know the answer.....The question was......In the South Island of New Zealand, how many square Kilometres are there. My answer was after a quick panic about the question......88,000. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the nearest 10, or I would have been on the show. Gutted.

The answer was 150 Thousand and something.

On to Tipping Point.
There was a woman on there about a month ago and she had about 6 discs that became riders(When the disc pushes on top of the one in front). She said, ''Oh dear, I am so unlucky.'' And I thought, well not really. If you knew about pusher machines, you would press the button much earlier. You press it so that the disc hits the deck on it's stand up edge as the pusher is going backwards, so the disc falls flat on the way back. If you leave it too late, then the disc will stand up trapped and fall down just before the discs on the edge as the pusher goes forward and back again, and that's when you get a percentage of riders. You shouldn't get any riders if you know what you are doing, most on there don't know.
I knew all those days spent down the seafront on all the old skill amusement machines might come in handy one day. Note to self.....I must get on Tipping Point.

Back