• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
Sadly I must admit to on occasion watching Tipping Point on ITV.

Yesterday one of the four contestants was a lad who said he came from Essex, and he fought his way through to the final past a snake charmer from Warrington, a belly dancer from Newcastle and an arts and craft enthusiast from Eastbourne (or something like that).

Well done says Ben Shephard "whereabouts in Essex do you come from?"
"Southend" he replies and then some idle chat about the pier, how about mentioning football I thought.
"What would you do if you won the £10,000 jackpot" prompts Ben.

" I would buy a season ticket for White Hart Lane" he replied. :finger:

What a disappointment and what a blow, hero to villain in a second, the only consolation was that he didn't win the ten grand, got four questions wrong out of six and got about two grand. On this seasons prices that should just about get a ST for Tottenham or he could have bought four for Roots Hall and still have change,

Great post, witty and made me laugh out loud. 'Er indoors watches that tripe too, and she thought it was spot on. COYBB

Never thought I would see my Dad post in the pub section.

We watch tipping point too and I am constantly amazed by how think the contestants are. I am convinced I could make the final with no effort at all.

We watch tipping point too and I am constantly amazed by how think the contestants are. I am convinced I could make the final with no effort at all.

I've applied for a number of TV quizzes. It's not about how knowledgable you are, they want "characters" with "stories" - I could clean the f*ckers out, 'cos as you say, the questions are pretty basic but I guess I'm just too boring. :sad:

Please tell me that's a typo!

I've applied for a number of TV quizzes. It's not about how knowledgable you are, they want "characters" with "stories" - I could clean the f*ckers out, 'cos as you say, the questions are pretty basic but I guess I'm just too boring. :sad:

That's not true of the decent quiz shows such as Mastermind where they really want people who are intelligent.

That's not true of the decent quiz shows such as Mastermind where they really want people who are intelligent.

Agreed - I'm always astonished at those on Only Connect & University Challenge, but there's no money in the braniac ones so I'm out!

Yup. Me and a mate went for Pointless, absolutely cleaned up in the auditions with loads of pointless answers, but the call never came. Too clever by half. Whereas there were two girls who were pretty dumb but were really bubbly. You just *knew* they'd get the nod.

Last edited:

At last an honest post from the zone most prolific poster(and blinkered).

Yup. Me and a mate went for Pointless, absolutely cleaned up in the auditions with loads of pointless answers, but the call never came. Too clever by half. Whereas there were two girls who were pretty dumb but were really bubbly. You just *knew* they'd get the nod.

I got 18/20 in my Mastermind audition, but I get the feeling my selected topics were a bit niche.

Frasier (but that one might have been done previously)
History of SUFC
Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Wes Craven

I was offered a place on The Krypton Factor but pulled out when it turned out I would have to wear one of their non-brand tracksuits instead of one of my own for the assault course round.

the fridge story was something else so I would say you're halfway there!

Back