• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

loving feeling

sufc_pattz91289

1 thing that i thought was good at forest was what they sing when they score..

Youve lost that loveing felling, now its gone gone gone

sounded quality with loads singing it.. new 1 for the west stand faithfull i say!! :D

1 thing that i thought was good at forest was what they sing when they score..

Youve lost that loveing felling, now its gone gone gone

sounded quality with loads singing it.. new 1 for the west stand faithfull i say!! :D

Priceless !! If I'd had my way, I'd have felled the whole friggin forest !

In my book that lot from Nottingham are just a bunch of robbing hoods

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :eek:

Why can't we come up with an original song? I'm not talking about that bloody awful Southend song they used to play before the game; I mean a song unique to us.

I go to most of the away games and some supporters are worse than us but last year in the Championship there were some really well sung songs. I went to a (Glasgow) Ranger's game a few years back and the singing before the game was impressive. The songs were crap, far too folky, but the singing was excellent.

All we seem to do is repeat the old chants over and over again. We don't even sing chants from the 70's anymore. Don't we have the attention span to sing anything longer?

I know there have been threads about this before so I know I'm not alone. Forget what other clubs sing; let's find our own song.

Why can't we come up with an original song? I'm not talking about that bloody awful Southend song they used to play before the game; I mean a song unique to us.

I go to most of the away games and some supporters are worse than us but last year in the Championship there were some really well sung songs. I went to a (Glasgow) Ranger's game a few years back and the singing before the game was impressive. The songs were crap, far too folky, but the singing was excellent.

All we seem to do is repeat the old chants over and over again. We don't even sing chants from the 70's anymore. Don't we have the attention span to sing anything longer?

I know there have been threads about this before so I know I'm not alone. Forget what other clubs sing; let's find our own song.

Totally agree and I know the Club would love this . Just don't seem to be able to hit on the right tune . I know there was a thread on this recently so don't want to go over old ground , but it is an important issue as the atmosphere at RH this season has frankly been cack .

Totally agree and I know the Club would love this . Just don't seem to be able to hit on the right tune . I know there was a thread on this recently so don't want to go over old ground , but it is an important issue as the atmosphere at RH this season has frankly been cack .
Someone out there must have an idea.
Don't be put off by bad rep or sarcastic comments, if people don't like your idea it might remind someone else of a better one.
If we get enough ideas we could have a poll.
THINK! Get out your old record collection. Listen to Radio2! (I can't believe I actually wrote that!). Let's find a good one. :D

You can't go round nicking another team's song. That's why Blackpool doing "Glad all over", and any football team doing "Ring of Fire" just sounds wrong. We're trying to adopt a song as our own at the moment, and (when it eventually takes off) it'll work because no-one else does it...

Okay i have a suggestion....as i dont recall any other clubs singing it....but how about a rousing rendition of...."Country road" Take me home supplementing west virginia southend,essex !...sorry guys youll be singin this one all day now ive mentioned it !!

Okay i have a suggestion....as i dont recall any other clubs singing it....but how about a rousing rendition of...."Country road" Take me home supplementing west virginia southend,essex !...sorry guys youll be singin this one all day now ive mentioned it !!

Man Utd sing that one!

That's not bad for a start. It's the right speed for a lot of people to sing together.
I'm still trying to think; google is working overtime!

Does anyone know if another club has adopted ' Glad all over ' by the Dave Clark 5 ??

Well said that man.

Can I suggest resurrecting the old Shrimperzone Travel Club song of "yoooooouuuuuunnnnnggggggg girl" or maybe trying C C Csiders suggestion from a few weeks ago of the turtles' "Happy Together"

OK, I'm ready to be shot down in flames or told someone else sings this but....
Bridge Over Troubled Water - with a few tweeks.

"When you're weary, feeling small,
When tears are in your eyes, we will dry them all;
We're on your side, when times get rough
And friends just can't be found,
Like a bridge over troubled water
We will fill the ground
Like a bridge over troubled water
We will fill the ground"

Too daft? :o I know the last bit doesn't make sense but it rhymes!

Back