• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JC

Now Norwich have finished their season (and he hasn't made the bench today) will Loza come back for the play-off's? Is he allowed to?
Not necessarily a starter but a useful option off the bench.

Now Norwich have finished their season (and he hasn't made the bench today) will Loza come back for the play-off's? Is he allowed to?
Not necessarily a starter but a useful option off the bench.

They have Arsenal at home next Sunday but doubt Loza will be involved again.

I doubt it. I can't understand why he was recalled, I can't see that he will play. I think we're better without him - he's done nothing since the Oxford game.

Norwich clearly wanted him back for one reason or another, it can't have been so he could play so doubt they will have changed their mind.

He clearly wasnt recalled for the reasons stated, ie to be available for 1st team duties as he hasnt been involved.

More likely he wasnt starting games and Phill Brown couldnt give any assurances he would be.

Isnt the window shut for loans anyway?

I doubt it. I can't understand why he was recalled, I can't see that he will play. I think we're better without him - he's done nothing since the Oxford game.

I wrote on this forum that I thought Loza was a 'one game wonder' after many on here were raving about him. I haven't changed my opinion. and think it would be better for us if he stayed at Norwich.

Was he recalled? or did his month loan just run out?
Murph is quick and more a wide player, maybe Loza more direct, but I think Murph and Barry would still be PB's favoured option if Loza did return.

I wrote on this forum that I thought Loza was a 'one game wonder' after many on here were raving about him. I haven't changed my opinion. and think it would be better for us if he stayed at Norwich.

He had his moments in other games, put in a few decent crosses, but certainly didnt live up to that initial game.

Was quick but never made the use of it, generally playing far too deep to get one on one with defenders.

Oxford have been dreadful for some time and I think they actually made him look even better as they were the only side to struggle to cope with him, and lets face it since their manager left they have been a shambles.

Id still like to have him on the bench, but dont think he wanted to be on it.

I don't know the rules, but bringing in player on loan just for play-offs (even if he was here previously) to me seems a tad unfair..

I could recite a hundred cliches but in the end he just isn't as good as that one game suggested.

Pacy young striker not being the answer to turning around our form, who'd have thought it.

To be fair he did have a big contribution to turning our form around with the Oxford game. However he was a catalyst rather than a contributor to us hitting another gear. Corr having a break was also a big help, because he's come back fresh and has been playing superbly.

To be fair he did have a big contribution to turning our form around with the Oxford game. However he was a catalyst rather than a contributor to us hitting another gear. Corr having a break was also a big help, because he's come back fresh and has been playing superbly.

He did play well that game and certainly played his part in igniting the spark, but Oxford were diabolical and had been the 7 games before we played them and have been ever since, the rest of the team played very well in that game as well and Oxford have shown just how good they have been since their manager left by propping up the form table, I reckon we would have beaten them anyway.

He did play well that game and certainly played his part in igniting the spark, but Oxford were diabolical and had been the 7 games before we played them and have been ever since, the rest of the team played very well in that game as well and Oxford have shown just how good they have been since their manager left by propping up the form table, I reckon we would have beaten them anyway.

Yeah that's all true. I think stuffing a playoff competitor on a Sky match in front of a good crowd gave the whole squad a lift and it worked well for us in a number of ways. Oxford were very poor however (and let's not forget that we gave them a couple of good chances too!).

I also think we've had a relatively quieter run-in than other teams which has helped. We seemed to struggle when we had injuries and the games were coming in thick and fast.

8 games before Oxford:
Tuesday - Draw
Sat - Draw
Tuesday - Loss
Sat - Draw
Sat - Loss
Tuesday - Draw
Sat - Draw
Friday - Draw

8 Games from Oxford on:
Monday - Win
Sat - Win
Sat - Win
Sat - Loss
Friday Win
Monday - Win
Sat - Win
Sat - Win

So we had 3 saturday/tuesday rotations to deal with before oxford, and then two friday/monday rotations after oxford.

All along it was puzzling, we had the same players who had been on a good run yet just couldnt get results, the Oxford game just gave us that little boost, and to be fair Loza's performance did contribute to that. He wasnt the be all and end all as the rest of the team played well anyway, but cant take credit away from what he did that game.

The subsequent games where he played without making much difference, and those like Rochdale where he didnt even play, did show that we had it in us all along.

That said Id still like to have had him in the squad for the next 3 games as the pace factor is a nice to have.

Back