• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

Is it too late to get this mutt booked for Friday's game?

From bbc.co.uk

'A football-juggling dog who brings good luck to every team he visits continued his amazing winning run at Torquay.

Jake the border terrier had already pouched wins for Reading and Yeovil, and duly inspired the Gulls to a 2-1 victory over Doncaster on Saturday.

The magical mutt is brought on as half-time entertainment during matches, and has now been on the winning side four times out of four.

Proud Owner Tony Slark told BBC Sport: "Everywhere he has been, the home team has never lost."

Before Jake's arrival, Torquay - fifth from bottom in League One - had taken just one point from their last five home games. United boss Leroy Rosenior admitted: "We played fantastically well."

Jake, nicknamed 'Barkham' by some commentators, is in many ways a superior four-legged version of England skipper David Beckham.

"You throw a football, he goes out into the middle of the pitch, he'll charge after the ball, put his head down, flick the ball in the air, and then bounces it on his nose 20 or 30 times," said Tony.

"David Beckham can't do that."

Jake has previously bow-wowed the crowds at Reading and Yeovil.

When he starred at Reading's Madejski Stadium, staff at the club shop even gave him his own Royals shirt with 'Jake' written on the back.

The dog is in danger of becoming a household name after his previous exploits were featured on TV's Richard and Judy Show, along with The Sun newspaper.

He features on the front cover of the latest edition of the Dogs Today magazine, and is a former winner of the prized Pup Idol competition.

Tony, from St Columb Major, Cornwall, said the dog is self-taught, and practices his art in the park every day.

"He's a good cricketer as well. When we go to the beach at Newquay, he always catches the ball."

Now Jake has helped Torquay to victory, he has just one goal left - to succeed in the Premier$hite.

"He'll have been to Leagues Two, One and the Championship, so it'd be nice if a Premier$hite club came in," said Tony.

It'd be woof justice if they didn't. '

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,16:34)]Is it too late to get this mutt booked for Friday's game?
Friday's game, which is SOUTHEND UNITED versus Sc**thorpe United. Hence why I put it in Shrimpers Chit-Chat.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,16:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,16:34)]Is it too late to get this mutt booked for Friday's game?
Friday's game, which is SOUTHEND UNITED versus Sc**thorpe United. Hence why I put it in Shrimpers Chit-Chat.

rock.gif
very tenuous, Ron. It might just as well be about a new cheerleader team who are available Friday night.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 07 2005,16:41)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
very tenuous, Ron. It might just as well be about a new cheerleader team who are available Friday night.
I'm sorry Naps, I get the feeling that I've been in the dog house with the moderators for some time now and you are just trying to hound me off the board.

Where will all this lead I ask you?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,16:44)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
I'm sorry Naps, I get the feeling that I've been in the dog house with the moderators for some time now and you are just trying to hound me off the board.

rock.gif
Hopefully in time you'll realise you're not man's best friend!!!

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 07 2005,16:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
....and I thought you were my chum!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,16:47)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
you must be bored!

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 07 2005,16:47)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
you must be bored!

wow.gif
And a bit ****ed after a long liquid lunch - always a dangerous mix.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,16:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 07 2005,16:47)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
you must be bored!

wow.gif
And a bit ****ed after a long liquid lunch - always a dangerous mix.
Throw him a frickin bone here.

Back