• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Hyam

Not good, so far. Passes sideways or backwards, not strong enough, not positive enough, not a leader, not much positive to report.

Having said that, he must clearly be capable of more than he is showing and our severe deficiencies in other areas might not be allowing him to give of his best

Hi
How has Luke Hyam been getting on for you overall?
Cheers
If you’re a scout for another club I can tell you he’s been fantastic and worth at least a £500k bid. Whilst you’re here we have a great striker called Theo Robinson, reckon a cool million will secure his services.

Call Roots Hall and ask to speak to Big Ron :-)

Just as a matter of interest, how did you rate him at Ipswich?

I watched him play for us about 40/50 times.

In summary, he was ****.

He had a bit of credit it in the bank though with some fans as "he was one of our own"

Did Ipswich utilise him as a passing midfielder or more of a tackling/ball winner, as a matter of interest?

I think there could be a decent player in there, but I'd be interested to know the best way of using that.

I watched him play for us about 40/50 times.

In summary, he was ****.

He had a bit of credit it in the bank though with some fans as "he was one of our own"

Played 50 more times for them than some guy called Whelan.

As far as i can see he is a player you bring on with say 15 mins to go to close the game out.At present he is a luxury we can do without

Did Ipswich utilise him as a passing midfielder or more of a tackling/ball winner, as a matter of interest?

I think there could be a decent player in there, but I'd be interested to know the best way of using that.
He's definitely known as a spoiling midfielder, a ball-winner.

He was mainly used as a defensive-minded central midfielder. Didn't get forward much at all, mainly used to break up attacks.

Funnily enough, we need a robust player in that role. Someone prepared to get stuck in a bit. He did that OK in one of his early matches against Scunthorpe.

However, of late, he seems to be too similar to two of our other central midfielders, insomuch as he tidies things up rather than is a ball winner.

Doesn't seem to have as much time on the ball, it seems. Always a bit of a hot potato when he has it.

Just needs to up the physical side of his game, I think.

I think he has the ability we need, we have seen some small glimpses of his abilities, but unfortunately I think he is half fit, and under normal circumstances would either not be playing or on the bench. However, looks like he is being patched up and sent straight back out again through necessity at the moment!

I don't think we have seen what he is capable of, and I am hopeful that he can regain some fitness and form soon!

Back