• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holy Joe

Manager⭐⭐
Looks serious....

HATTERS FACE FA CHARGES
By Martyn Ziegler, PA Chief Sports Reporter
More than 50 disciplinary charges are to be brought against Luton, former and
current club officials and six agents alleging breach of regulations regarding
payments to agents, the Football Association announced tonight.
The club have been charged with allegedly making payments to agents through
another company rather than the club, as required by FA rules.
The club have also been charged with providing misleading information to the
FA.
Former chairman Bill Tomlins has been charged with 15 rule breaches, former
finance director Derek Peter with nine, and current directors John Mitchell and
Richard Bagehot with failing to report the breaches when they became aware of
them, the FA said in statement.
Six agents - Sky Andrew, Mike Berry, Mark Curtis, Stephen Denos, David Manasseh
and Andrew Mills - have each been charged with failing to ensure that payments
to them were made and disclosed through the proper channels, said the
statement.
The charges follow an FA investigation after former Luton manager Mike Newell
claimed in early 2006 that illegal payments in the game were rife.

Blimey - seems as though affairs at Luton have been as straight as a corkscrew, and they've tried to cover it all up as well. :p

If these charges turn out to be true they may well find themselves facing big points deduction or even automatic relegation - as they are struggling anyway could even end up in the Conference next season

50 charges is a lot following the leeds thing in the summer Luton could find themselves in big trouble. At least relegation to L2.

If these charges turn out to be true they may well find themselves facing big points deduction or even automatic relegation - as they are struggling anyway could even end up in the Conference next season

Now (as a vitriolic hater of all things Luton Town) that would be funny!

50 charges is a lot following the leeds thing in the summer Luton could find themselves in big trouble. At least relegation to L2.

The piece I saw on SSN this morning featured their fans AGM last night - where they were all fearing a huge points deduction and relegation. Some seemed resigned to L2 already! :p

The piece I saw on SSN this morning featured their fans AGM last night - where they were all fearing a huge points deduction and relegation. Some seemed resigned to L2 already! :p

Where's the clap your hands smugly smilie? :p
L2's too good for those scummers!

I dislike LooTown quite a lot. A part of me feels sorry for their fans, but it seems their club is as bent as heck so in truth, they're getting their just desserts.

I dislike LooTown quite a lot. A part of me feels sorry for their fans, but it seems their club is as bent as heck so in truth, they're getting their just desserts.

How can any decent football fan forgive them for their past crimes?
The worst plastic pitch ever played on
The ban on away fans
That awful white/orange/black kit
The "hospitality" boxes attached to people's houses
Dodgy transfer dealings
Ricky Hill & Brian Stein
David Pleat & Mike Newell

Need I go on?

The ban on away fans
Dodgy transfer dealings
Ricky Hill & Brian Stein

Need I go on?

We should thank Mike Newell for their current crisis though, as it was his comments that sparked the investigation that led to all this.

We should thank Mike Newell for their current crisis though, as it was his comments that sparked the investigation that led to all this.

True, although as a certain person said the other day, he still has got a haircut like a Lego man!

* - not trying to divert the thread (obviously :p), but here's an interesting piece of trivia I found out yesterday. Mike Newell still holds the record for the quickest Champions League hat-trick, scored over 9 minutes in 95/96 for Blackburn against Rosenborg!

I hate everything about Luton from the club to the place...

Nothing would give me greater joy that to see them punished to the max.

True, although as a certain person said the other day, he still has got a haircut like a Lego man!

* - not trying to divert the thread (obviously :p), but here's an interesting piece of trivia I found out yesterday. Mike Newell still holds the record for the quickest Champions League hat-trick, scored over 9 minutes in 95/96 for Blackburn against Rosenborg!

:hilarious:

That CL stat just goes to show what an average player can do sometimes...

The ban on away fans
Dodgy transfer dealings
Ricky Hill & Brian Stein

Need I go on?

You missed Mick and Ray Harford

I hate everything about Luton from the club to the place...

Nothing would give me greater joy that to see them punished to the max.

Agreed. Didn't a few people on here have their cars broken into when we played there a few years back. When i've been the police have given warnings to people going by car not to have colours or stickers on display as your car will be targeted.

Ha that would be me lol. Mike Newell was a big fly on top of the massive pile of sh!t that it Luton. Any punishment they may recieve excites me.

Luton for my mind is the crappest place on earth.

Walk from the station to the stadium is long and yet passes only one pub which you wouldn't ever want to drink in if it was you last pint ever.

The stadium looks like it has been dropped from the sky and just landed in the middle of a pikey housing estate. Stewards are always ****ers and anyone taller than Derek Payne cannot sit down. If you even bother to so much as stretch your legs the over zealous stewards are all over you.

I am convinced if a nuclear bomb was dropped on Luton no-one would realise for weeks.

In summary - I hate the place.

Back