• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hello to all,

To reassure any doubters, we at Luton regularly take over 2000 away, and have done all through our conference years, I have attended most of these games, and I can assure you that there is never any trouble from our fans. Isolated incidents of a minority of idiots/kids stirring trouble may be cited, but I prefer the testimony of clubs like Burton, Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Hyde, Oxford and Stevenage amongst others who have all sent messages to our club praising the behaviour of our fans who travelled in large numbers to their grounds and enjoyed the day in peace.

Here's to a great day Saturday.

May the best team win.

That's massively massaging the truth. Your average away crowd is 1,084, which isn't even the biggest in league 2. I can only find one instance of an away following > 2,000 this season (Oxford).

What an odd thread.

Think old 'LutonDan' was just protecting his club and re-assuring us that the huge majority are coming down for the footie and not for a rumble and though there might be a few idiots, it's not what normally happens. Weren't we doing exactly the same after the Cambridge incidents, re-assuring them that it's not what we are like as a club.

I also didn't think he was comparing us to any of the other teams, but just listing places where they'd had good feedback after taking large numbers away.

FWIW, I think there'll be an edgy atmosphere around the ground before the game, but as someone else pointed out, the police will have that under control.

It won't be like Wolves in 1987, I'm pretty sure of that.

Leeds and wolves are massive football clubs. Luton are a tad bigger than us (gates wise and some top flight history) to compare Luton to leeds is a bit OTT

For what its worth I think you over reacted to his post, I took no offence. All very well exchanging pleasantries on the zone but given the league situation the time of year and sunshine in Southend, of course we could end up with problems. Lets just say some Luton fans who haven't 'been for awhile' and perhaps have heard about the Railway incident might be tempted. Someone mentioned Stewards earlier, have to say I've always thought I may have to rescue some of them in an emergency.

I think its a fair post originally, as a parent with a 10 year old son and a daughter who is 7 i am sincerely hoping the match passes without trouble, however, i would be surprised especially with so much riding on it especially for them. I was however unfortunate enough to see some of the trouble at the game at Luton, angels they are certainly not! as for the comment we take 2000 away regularly is a joke, they only took 875 to Daggers the other night.

That's massively massaging the truth. Your average away crowd is 1,084, which isn't even the biggest in league 2. I can only find one instance of an away following > 2,000 this season (Oxford).

There are not even many clubs in League 2 that give away fans more than 2,000 tickets. Without checking the only other grounds that Luton would have had 2,000 would be Portsmouth & Wycombe. I'm not sure how many Conference clubs would have given them 2,000 tickets either.

Luton had 2,680 at Portsmouth and 2,566 at Wycombe. I thought their away average would be more than 1,084

For what its worth I think you over reacted to his post, I took no offence. All very well exchanging pleasantries on the zone but given the league situation the time of year and sunshine in Southend, of course we could end up with problems. Lets just say some Luton fans who haven't 'been for awhile' and perhaps have heard about the Railway incident might be tempted. Someone mentioned Stewards earlier, have to say I've always thought I may have to rescue some of them in an emergency.

Check out post 15 on page one x

Hello to all,

To reassure any doubters, we at Luton regularly take over 2000 away, and have done all through our conference years, I have attended most of these games, and I can assure you that there is never any trouble from our fans. Isolated incidents of a minority of idiots/kids stirring trouble may be cited, but I prefer the testimony of clubs like Burton, Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Hyde, Oxford and Stevenage amongst others who have all sent messages to our club praising the behaviour of our fans who travelled in large numbers to their grounds and enjoyed the day in peace.

May the best team win.

At your place, several groups of Luton fans were a disgrace to football so forgive me if I put your post in the "what a load of ****" pile.

Really Surprised this game not sold out

If I was honest ... The Southend Public should be ashamed if the gates below 10000 on Saturday

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX :-)

Hello to all,

May the best team win.

Thanks for the post, mate. It will put a few peoples minds at rest, particularly those with young kids. Enjoy the day

May the best team (in blue and white shirts) win ! :winking:

Really Surprised this game not sold out

If I was honest ... The Southend Public should be ashamed if the gates below 10000 on Saturday

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX :-)

East Stand nearly sold out, but plenty of space in other stands. It will probably only be a 10,000 crowd if we win tonight.

There are not even many clubs in League 2 that give away fans more than 2,000 tickets. Without checking the only other grounds that Luton would have had 2,000 would be Portsmouth & Wycombe. I'm not sure how many Conference clubs would have given them 2,000 tickets either.

Luton had 2,680 at Portsmouth and 2,566 at Wycombe. I thought their away average would be more than 1,084

True, but that's the same for Pompey, who have a slightly higher average. Portsmouth were only given 1,000 at Luton, but Luton got 2,680 at Pompey, which will skew the average in Luton's favour.

I think that figure (1,084) might be slightly old but I can't find it again!

No doubt they travel well though.

True, but that's the same for Pompey, who have a slightly higher average. Portsmouth were only given 1,000 at Luton, but Luton got 2,680 at Pompey, which will skew the average in Luton's favour.

No doubt they travel well though.

And those kind people at Wycombe gave Luton an extra 600 or so tickets in the main stand. I wonder how many we would have taken to Luton earlier in the season had we not only been given 1,000 tickets, probably about 1,500 as we had not played them for a while.

Ricky Hill was the star player in my Luton Town Subbuteo team.

Too right.

05-Ricky+HILL+-+Panini+Luton+Town+1988.png

It'll be good to see Steve Foster and his headband too.

Yes and what about those Futcher twins, still playing after all these years.

Back