• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LutonDan

Hello to all,

To reassure any doubters, we at Luton regularly take over 2000 away, and have done all through our conference years, I have attended most of these games, and I can assure you that there is never any trouble from our fans. Isolated incidents of a minority of idiots/kids stirring trouble may be cited, but I prefer the testimony of clubs like Burton, Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Hyde, Oxford and Stevenage amongst others who have all sent messages to our club praising the behaviour of our fans who travelled in large numbers to their grounds and enjoyed the day in peace.

Here's to a great day Saturday.

May the best team win.

Condescending post of the year.... The monster that is Luton is coming to town arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh run for ya lives. We have had actual big clubs down here with actual reputations thank you very much. I hope we are laughing at you long and hard as the footballing giants miss out on the play offs.....

Think the old bill will be out in force Saturday especially after Cambridge. From what I heard there were a few problems at Luton away? :unsure:

Cheers, LutonDan.

Re-assuring to know, especially for people with children who might be undecided.:thumbsup:

Hello to all,

To reassure any doubters, we at Luton regularly take over 2000 away, and have done all through our conference years, I have attended most of these games, and I can assure you that there is never any trouble from our fans. Isolated incidents of a minority of idiots/kids stirring trouble may be cited, but I prefer the testimony of clubs like Burton, Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Hyde, Oxford and Stevenage amongst others who have all sent messages to our club praising the behaviour of our fans who travelled in large numbers to their grounds and enjoyed the day in peace.

Here's to a great day Saturday.

May the best team win.

Wow. How fantastic for little old SOUTHEND to be graced by the presence of mighty Luton. Bore off.

Bury bound.

Wow. How fantastic for little old SOUTHEND to be graced by the presence of mighty Luton. Bore off.

Bury bound.

I thought it was a reassuring kind of post, intended to put people's minds at ease a bit after some of the speculation on other threads?

Condescending post of the year.... The monster that is Luton is coming to town arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh run for ya lives. We have had actual big clubs down here with actual reputations thank you very much. I hope we are laughing at you long and hard as the footballing giants miss out on the play offs.....

Bit harsh mate.
A lot of us who bring kids are understandably a bit edgy after Cambridge and I for one appreciate this post.
The bigger the away following , the more likely to include some idiots.
Add the fact that if we beat them their play off chances are over then I'm sure a few will act up.
I hope the original poster is correct and it all passes peacefully , but to my thinking the result will have a bearing on post match behaviour.

I thought it was a reassuring kind of post, intended to put people's minds at ease a bit after some of the speculation on other threads?

In the nicest possible respect, this guy does not have a clue how the other 1999 fans are going to behave. You should take kids only if you feel comfortable not because a faceless username tells you it is safe to do so.

Having supported Southend for 25 years, even the suggestion that you may not be able to take kids is completely ridiculous. Strap a pair on.

I think the original post was reasonable and posted to be of assistance. Ok, there will always be knob-heads on both sides but that is why we have stewards and police....so let them do their job, if necessary. I really don't see the point in giving the Luton guy a hard time, but I suspect, for some on here, it is easier than being pleasant. Why change the habits of a posting lifetime eh?

I think the original post was reasonable and posted to be of assistance. Ok, there will always be knob-heads on both sides but that is why we have stewards and police....so let them do their job, if necessary. I really don't see the point in giving the Luton guy a hard time, but I suspect, for some on here, it is easier than being pleasant. Why change the habits of a posting lifetime eh?

I genuinely found it condescending...Ahhhh bless little southend..not used to seeing a crowd... etc etc. A good post about the upcoming game would have been cool I am looking forward to it. A little chat about Elliott Lee maybe. But no a little pat on the head saying don't worry little Didums.

I genuinely found it condescending...Ahhhh bless little southend..not used to seeing a crowd... etc etc. A good post about the upcoming game would have been cool I am looking forward to it. A little chat about Elliott Lee maybe. But no a little pat on the head saying don't worry little Didums.

That's the beauty of SZ mate, we often see things differently. I genuinely think you misread the poster's intention.

Having supported Southend for 25 years, even the suggestion that you may not be able to take kids is completely ridiculous. Strap a pair on.

So if I choose to bring my 8 year old daughter , do you not think as a responsible parent that I need to consider the potential difference between a crowd of 5,000 ( mainly home fans ) in a meaningless end if season game versus a crowd of 10,000 in which 25% will be away fans potentially seeing their play off dreams finished.
Whilst it is my responsibility to ensure my children are safe , it is far from the simplistic choice of just 'growing a pair'.

That's the beauty of SZ mate, we often see things differently. I genuinely think you misread the poster's intention.

To make it worse we are one of the best supported teams in the league home and away yet compares us to Hyde. ...Hyde fc.

Can you tell I'm super pumped and really emotional about tonight's game....I'm buzzing just buzzing....everyone is getting a dose of SUFC....by far the greatest team the world has ever seen. There's a song about it and everything.

Is that not how is in footballs pecking order. What were Leeds or Wolves like when they were in the lower down. Southend are quite capable of looking down their noses at smaller clubs. Handing out calling cards at Dagenham was a real poor show.

Is that not how is in footballs pecking order. What were Leeds or Wolves like when they were in the lower down. Southend are quite capable of looking down their noses at smaller clubs. Handing out calling cards at Dagenham was a real poor show.

I condemn that behaviour...I saw plenty of silly behaviour in the early 80s etc and violence in the name of footy is just ridiculous. I admire the likes of accrington etc.

Leeds and wolves are massive football clubs. Luton are a tad bigger than us (gates wise and some top flight history) to compare Luton to leeds is a bit OTT

At the end of the day it's a game between two teams watched by two sets of passionate fans,get over all the chest puffing and enjoy the day

Back