• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Luton Town vs Southend Utd, Checkatrade Trophy Round 2

Great result over 90 minutes. Yes, Luton rested two or three first teamers but our side is largely reserves too thanks to the injury list. So it’s a good result in my book.

"Our side was largely reserves"; please tell me that was a joke comment!

What's the prize money for getting through? We need to bring some players in next month so hopefully that can help.

Well done Oxley! I feared the worst after the ref let Luton take the first pen again but justice prevailed.:Happy:

Hope this is the kick up the arse that we needed to get the seaon going again. Totally unconvinced by McCoulsky - a great penalty doesn't make for a great performance sadly

"Our side was largely reserves"; please tell me that was a joke comment!

Yep, we made less changes than Luton who made all 11 from the side that won 4-0 at home to Bradford in their last league game, so we definitely had the stronger side.

I guess a number of our players wouldn't normally start a league game if everyone was fit, but I'd say at least half would.

And Kiernan most probably - possibly Barratt too, for all we know. Plenty to debate there and my comment was therefore justified IMO

I do have one question. Who was more productive McCoulsky or Hutchinson?

Hutchinson made a great run across his man at the death and got a toe in at the near post, but couldn't direct his shot. Certainly looked more positive than McCoulsky who just seems to be permanently 1/2 a yard behind the game.

Hope this is the kick up the arse that we needed to get the seaon going again. Totally unconvinced by McCoulsky - a great penalty doesn't make for a great performance sadly
Great penalty? It was more of a dribbly whimpy one, but it went it so that's ok.

In the midst of all the excitement, I think Stephen McLaughlin has finally got his mojo back, he was great tonight.
He has been for the last few games,Hendrie and White have also been doing more than enough to get the boo boys quiet too. And now the Ox has pulled the rabbit out of the Hatters.

Hutchinson had about 5 minutes, so no matter what view people have it would be an unfair comparison

You say that but if a player could come on for 5 minutes and make more of an impact than someone who had the whole match to show some initiative and didn't. It'd be unfair not to take stock of that.

I messaged my dad saying that a good penalty shootout for the Ox is just what he needs for his confidence, then he went and did it.

Much needed result. Really pleased for the lads. Another loss in any competition is something we really didn't need, so this is most welcome.

Talk Sport were really impressed with Turner, just what he needed. Good to see Hyam get more minutes, need his bite in midfield.

Roll on Saturday.

Back