• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Luton town vs Southend Utd Wednesday 5th December, Checkatrade Trophy

What's your choice for Wednesday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
There is already a poll running for choice of Keeper for Wednesday's game but you can use this thread to select the rest of the starting 11, and the goal keepers for that matter. and any other interesting bits that come to mind.

Get in down here!

Coming thick n fast these games...

May as well make changes, possibly play Nathan in goal and give Dru a rest (in fact I think Dru needs time out, pressure of attention from other clubs must be getting to him, plus he isn’t fully fit)

Got to take this game seriously. Last chance this season of some excitement. If Powell plays a weakened side I will be fuming.

Bishop
Elvis Moore White Hendrie
Macca Mantom Hyam
Bunn Dieng
Cox

Yearwood nowhere near the squad, he isn’t fit.

Got to take this game seriously. Last chance this season of some excitement. If Powell plays a weakened side I will be fuming.

Bishop
Elvis Moore White Hendrie
Macca Mantom Hyam
Bunn Dieng
Cox

Yearwood nowhere near the squad, he isn’t fit.

Be prepared to fume in that case. With injuries at crisis level CP cant take any risks. Certainly players like Turner, Cox, Mantom and Kightly shouldn't play.

Oxley was struggling (not just corners) so Bishop for me. Still good chanced to see the likes of Hutchinson and co......That's what this cup is for.

If it was pay on the day I might consider going, especially for £5 but you have to purchase in advance, it’s not a bad trip from Harlow, I’ll give it a miss I think.

Oxley was struggling (not just corners) so Bishop for me

Serious question. If a player is struggling with loss of form and confidence is he more likely to recover that form by playing or by watching someone else take his place ?

Serious question. If a player is struggling with loss of form and confidence is he more likely to recover that form by playing or by watching someone else take his place ?
But seeing as we could possibly be in for a bit of a drubbing it might be better to ask which of the two goalkeeper's confidence would be least damaged by it?

But seeing as we could possibly be in for a bit of a drubbing it might be better to ask which of the two goalkeeper's confidence would be least damaged by it?

I don't think we will be in for a drubbing, Luton have a history of making eleven changes for this competition and they accept the fine for doing that. We could well win this game, here's hoping.

Be prepared to fume in that case. With injuries at crisis level CP cant take any risks. Certainly players like Turner, Cox, Mantom and Kightly shouldn't play.

Oxley was struggling (not just corners) so Bishop for me. Still good chanced to see the likes of Hutchinson and co......That's what this cup is for.

It's arguable how many of those you don't want to play would be in our strongest line-up anyway. But with our current injury list we don't have so much choice.

He was struggling with injury. Clarkson had to come on and treat him first half and he wasn't moving well after that.

Play some of the youngsters, save the experienced guys for saturday.

What's more important at the moment, the cup game or the league game ??

I was going to give this a go on iFollow. Currently there are only two options on the Live Match Centre, a monthly pass or a season pass. Has any one managed to buy a match pass for a tenner? The match pass is available on the Luton site.

I was going to give this a go on iFollow. Currently there are only two options on the Live Match Centre, a monthly pass or a season pass. Has any one managed to buy a match pass for a tenner? The match pass is available on the Luton site.

It should be available on the OS by Wednesday.Otherwise you could always try the Luton site, :Winking:

I'm in the same boat.

If a matchday pass is not available, I'll probably watch the Man U v Arsenal game.

Play some of the youngsters, save the experienced guys for saturday.

What's more important at the moment, the cup game or the league game ??

I'm not a fan of the Checkatrade since it was devalued and de-legitimised by allowing youth teams but it may now be more important than the league in our current circumstances.

Our last three promotions have all been forged in the JPT.

A Wembley final may (I'm not sure how well supported it would now be) also be our best bet at restoring the lost fan-team link.

It should be available on the OS by Wednesday.Otherwise you could always try the Luton site, :Winking:
I'm in the same boat.

If a matchday pass is not available, I'll probably watch the Man U v Arsenal game.

The pass is available on the Luton site, same price. Just need to register again. It would be quite helpful if just one reg'n covered all clubs, but there you go. Maybe the club will get it right before Wednesday, you never know.

Pretty sure it will be available on Southend site soon.
If you use the Luton link then Luton will get the commission from your £10 fee.

I too looked at iFollow, but realise
I'm not a fan of the Checkatrade since it was devalued and de-legitimised by allowing youth teams but it may now be more important than the league in our current circumstances.

Our last three promotions have all been forged in the JPT.

A Wembley final may (I'm not sure how well supported it would now be) also be our best bet at restoring the lost fan-team link.

But relegation will not do us any favours with regards to any hope of the new stadium and will also not help attracting potential new players if and when we need them.

I do however agree with your point about club/fan connection.

Back