• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Luton town vs Southend Utd Wednesday 5th December, Checkatrade Trophy

What's your choice for Wednesday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good.

Sometimes injuries are the only thing that give someone else a chance and we all learn something from that, which we wouldn't otherwise.

The official site is now offering a match pass for this game. Normal deal, £10 if you're in the mood.

If there is a commentators god, please let it not be our old mate Stuart Smith tomorrow.
bb047cea89e286242490e5fb191ec461_400x400.jpeg

Tonight's Southern half winners :-

Chelsea U21
Peterborough United
Northampton Town
Cheltenham Town
Portsmouth

Tomorrow's ties :-

Luton Town v Southend United
Swansea City U21 v Bristol Rovers

18th December :-

Oxford United v Tottenham Hotspur U21

Luton will sell tickets to Southend supporters via the phone only until 5pm on Wednesday on 01582 416976, tickets will then be available to collect from the away end. No tickets will be available after 5pm on Wednesday 5th December and the game will be all ticket.

Don't give a **** about this game. Won't beat Luton on their patch whoever plays. Saturday much bigger, so play youngsters. Need anyone of note fit for Saturday. Bought my tickets last week for Pompey, need a big performance

Been to Luton crap ground so many times never seen a decent performance so will give this one a miss and hope we get a win(can't see it happening)Good luck to all that travel

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell wants to be given a striker dilemma following tonight’s Checkatrade Trophy clash at Luton Town.

More...

What's the minimum support we've ever taken away? Reckon that record may be under threat tonight. I live about 25 miles and 1 bus ride away and I'd rather watch an hour of Corrie.

What's the minimum support we've ever taken away? Reckon that record may be under threat tonight. I live about 25 miles and 1 bus ride away and I'd rather watch an hour of Corrie.
Away support was never really officially counted years ago and quite a few grounds never had segregation so was a bit hard to tell. But bound to be a few matches where less than 10 away fans.
Lowest I have seen was 12 on a Tuesday night in the mid 80's
More recently we had the famous '35' at Swansea in the Football League Trophy during our run to the final v Blackpool at Millennium Stadium.
As for League matches the lowest I know recently was 117? at Hartlepool on a Tuesday but can't remember what season it was. But it was an evening match between Christmas and New Year.

Back