• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Macca wants out

palexander

Life President
Apparently in the Echo today confirming Macca is on the transfer list now as club tries to reduce wage bill...

None of these transfer listed players are going anywhere on the money they're on.

No one on there right mind will pay those players that money, apart from us... oh wait....

No surprise again.

We really are up **** creek if this embargo is not lifted soon and money made available.

If all the transfer listed players leave. We will need to sign a good 10+ players to make the team even slightly competetive next season.

Echo saying we have 11 registered players on the books - that 11 includes Mildy, Macca, Barrett and Francis...

As i told you all before the Southampton game, Barrett, Mildenhall, Francis, Moussa and Macca all asked for a transfer before the game at St Marys, most of you didnt believe me so to all those people i say :p lol

Echo saying we have 11 registered players on the books - that 11 includes Mildy, Macca, Barrett and Francis...

****ing shambles.

Those 4 leave and we are down to 7.

Throw in Moussa, Patterson and maybe Grant and we wont be able to field a 5-a-side team.

We need to have the busiest summer ever, in terms of incomings to even put a pro side out.

Failing that, it's going to be Southend Utd U18's v Ipswich in a few weeks. Will this be the same for the first league game? It's looking a real possibility...

Dear o dear.

As i told you all before the Southampton game, Barrett, Mildenhall, Francis, Moussa and Macca all asked for a transfer before the game at St Marys, most of you didnt believe me so to all those people i say :p lol

How nice it is to see you proved right about the team being broken up completely, leaving us further up the creek, just so you can say 'I told you so'.

No suprise and actually dont really care that much if it has normal cicumstances.

However in the current situation its becoming a joke,. We are going to struggle to have eleven players for the first game. We are going to struggle to have any sort of synergie between the players.

I am seriously worried about our chances of survival next season.

After Ron was banging on about continuity we're gonna have a whole new team practically.....now thats real continuity!!!

Someone check OBL is ok.

Not a surprise so yes, thanks, I'm fine! What is a surprise is that Franno is apparently going to Brentwood :O Surprised they can afford his wages!!! ;)

I also was aware that 5 players had put in transfer requests prior to Southampton, although I believe that's increased since.

Bloody cheek! We need them all at the moment!!

What, players who are on overhyped wages that we cannot even afford to pay & who cannot be bothered to show the required effort? Yep, I guess we really need all of them, just like a Cumbrian needs a hole in the head...

As awful as it is, it's time for reality to kick in around here. Any player on high-level L1 (or CCC) type wages simply HAS to go. This is the only way we can regroup and try and salvage the playing side of the club*, whilst we wait for the new stadium to ever come to fruition.

* - by salvage I mean tread water in the lower reaches of L2 (& hopefully not the Blue Sq Premier or worse)...

Not a surprise so yes, thanks, I'm fine! What is a surprise is that Franno is apparently going to Brentwood :O Surprised they can afford his wages!!! ;)

I also was aware that 5 players had put in transfer requests prior to Southampton, although I believe that's increased since.

Who else is there? Christ, we WILL have nobody left.

Only one I can think of is Grant? Cannot see Patterson handing in a request, though it would not surprise me at all.

What, players who are on overhyped wages that we cannot even afford to pay & who cannot be bothered to show the required effort? Yep, I guess we really need all of them, just like a Cumbrian needs a hole in the head...

As awful as it is, it's time for reality to kick in around here. Any player on high-level L1 (or CCC) type wages simply HAS to go. This is the only way we can regroup and try and salvage the playing side of the club*, whilst we wait for the new stadium to ever come to fruition.

* - by salvage I mean tread water in the lower reaches of L2 (& hopefully not the Blue Sq Premier or worse)...

Took your comment as the usual "he's crap, won't miss him - let's wind Kay up" one. Whilst I agree with what you're saying here, I'd dearly love to hold on to a bit of experience up till Christmas if we can to try and steady things. If we can really suck our bellies in and tighten those belts, an extra 6 months and then let them go as we did with Barney, we might, just might be in a slightly better position.

I'll put the current squad list in here as well.

So this is where we are... (Please change if there are any errors)

I make it we have 11 contracted players. Of which 4 of those are now transfer listed. We have offered new deals to 3 players some time ago. None of them have signed...

Under contract - 11 players (1 GK, 3 Def, 4 Mid, 3 Fwd)

Mildenhall 2011 (3year deal 2008) TRANSFER LISTED

Francis 2011 (3yr deal 2008) TRANSFER LISTED
Barrett 2012 (4.5 year deal 2008) TRANSFER LISTED
Herd 2011 (1yr deal 2010)

McCormack 2011 (3yr deal 2008) TRANSFER LISTED
Grant 2012 (2.5 yr deal Oct 09)
Christophe 2011 (2.5 yr deal Jan 2009)
O'Keefe 2011 (3yr deal Nov 2008 )

Laurent 2011 (2.5yr deal Dec 2008)
Paterson 2012 (2.5yr deal Jan 2010)
Crawford 2012 (2yr deal 2010)

Out of Contract

Spencer 2010 / 2011 (6mth deal Jan 2010 - but option for another year) **NEW DEAL OFFERED**
Moussa 2010 (1yr extension, 2009) **NEW DEAL OFFERED**
Scannell 2010 (2.5 yr deal Jan 2008)**NEW DEAL OFFERED**

Well were in the **** then. So pleased I renewed my season ticket. I hope there is a professional team to watch come the start of the season..

I love the blues, but this is starting to look really bad now!!!!

Back