• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
As the spread is having a big halloween bash on Saturday evening there is quite a few blues going to Mac dressed up.
If you fancy it join in

Will the Macclesfield game be another 'tough one'?

I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but Mr Sturrock Snr. has prefaced every game so far with, well this is going to be a tough/difficult one, as team x are 'wounded animal'/'have good'/'fast players' ... I do think actually Macclesfield is going to be a challenge. Macclesfield at home this season have lost just once, that was the opening day at home to a now sad looking Daggers and since Macclesfield have beaten Wimbledon, Swindon, Northampton & Bradford and holding Morecambe, Oxford & Bristol Rovers to a draw.

I'll take a draw in advance please.

Yep, I think the run ends here....
Got a feeling about it...

They are doing very well considering they lost Barnett to the Scum
Dont want to settle for a draw as we are very capable of winning there, but the undefeated run needs to continue

Every game for the last zillion years, the Manager always says, 'It won't be easy.''
This is a very tough One. They are on a very good run last couple of Months, but our team is buzzing and full of confidence. If you want to stay at the top, you have to get results at places like these. If you look at our results, we keep beating teams by Two or more clear goals. So we are more than capable. Last season I would have picked Macclesfield. This time I am going for another Southend win. We now have so many players chipping in with goals, we really are the team to beat.

This will be a "proper" tough game. They are very strong at home and have a mean defence.

I would take a draw thank you very much. Just to keep things ticking over.

Would be surprised if Phillips can stand up to a 3rd game within 8 days. I know he's seemed fitter this season but he's still quite injury prone.

Think it is asking a lot to go to Macclesfield who are decent at 10th atm, and getting 3 points. I do think we are capable of doing so but we've had a brilliant run, can see it stopping at some point, but lets keep believing, wasn't expecting us thrashing Shrewsbury but we did so you never know. I would take a draw though.

Got a fairly okay record at Moss Road so touch wood we can keep it that way come 5pm Saturday...

Glad the manager doesn't come out and say "should be a stroll in the park this one lads". If we do same as we have for the last 8-9 games can't see anything other than a comfortable win.

We will have to play at a higher tempo to get anything as this will be a harder challenge than barnet , but lets not get carried away. Macclesfield have drawn a lot of games and have been by all account quite fortunate in a fair few.

If i were macclesfield i would be worried about a team that is second in the league and scoring goals for fun whilst not conceeding hardly any.

We are the team to beat and if they decide to attack us then we will hurt them .

Im going for another routine win of 2 or 3 nil.

The problem is that crawley are so strong that i cant see us over taking them , but tbh we dont need to.

The real test comes the following saturday when a strong oxford will come and test our promotion credentials.

Either way if we can get a win this saturday then we may just increase that 6 point gap between us and the play-offs which means that we can afford a mini blip

Macclesfield might be a bit stingy on the conceding goals lark, but equally they're not very prolific either - a goal difference of just +2. I'd be quite happy with a draw from this, anything better is a massive bonus.

Yep Im with Rusty, we will smash them, Hall will tear them apart, Bil will bulldozer them. No one wants to play us at the moment.

Macclesfield might be a bit stingy on the conceding goals lark, but equally they're not very prolific either - a goal difference of just +2. I'd be quite happy with a draw from this, anything better is a massive bonus.
I'd echo that. One thing that may help us, which I don't think that anyone has mentioned, is that they have some injury problems plus they will be without their influential midfielder Ross Draper, who serves a one match ban after accumulating five yellow cards..............couldn't have come at a better time!

I'd echo that. One thing that may help us, which I don't think that anyone has mentioned, is that they have some injury problems plus they will be without their influential midfielder Ross Draper, who serves a one match ban after accumulating five yellow cards..............couldn't have come at a better time!

Ross Draper - what a tool.

Back