• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Macclesfield

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Macclesfield are the latest club in danger of being wound up. HMRC being paid late or not yet been paid, depending what you read, and players not been paid for April.

Read somewhere Sol Campbell will stay next season but will leave if under the same problems
Must admit he has done a brilliant job with them, 7 points adrift when he took over

hope they drop out and either Yeovil or Notts co come back

I'd take Sol Campbell as manager here! He really feels like he has a point to prove and I think wherever he ends up he will do well.

I'd take Sol Campbell as manager here! He really feels like he has a point to prove and I think wherever he ends up he will do well.

I wouldn't want to be the first club to sack him!

Update...

Bury's case adjourned until mid-June to allow the club to be sold / pay-off debts, £277k still owed to HMRC! Plymouth apparently in talks with Bury's manager Ryan Lowe.

Ebbsfleet case also adjourned to a later date, all players currently available on free transfers

Gateshead settled outstanding tax bill but staff and players remain unpaid for April. Meantime, local council have banished them from the International Stadium due to unpaid rent bill.

I think Bond will get the job.Sol Campbell has done a fantastic job at Macclesfield 7 points adrift when he took over and off field issues but still kept them up

Desperate times, you really can't see a way out for them. - sadly a few others might go the same way. Average attendance close to 2,200.

Last edited:
maybe the only way foreward for some teams is to go part time

Possibly but could they manage to compete against those clubs that remain full-time?

Most the clubs promoted from non-league in recent times into the EFL are those with the lowest (average) crowds in EFL1 / EFL2 and have lower income. The gap between the various leagues seems to be getting wider every year.

Back